• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Caliper Refurb or new.

Today i stripped my calipers as there was a scraping noise coming from the brakes.

I have been having problems with the fronts for a bit with the pads getting stuck in position. Now the rears are doing the same thing and the N/S rear has gotten hot enough to melt/burn off the paint on the bottom part of the caliper and the pads are not wearing evenly on the discs. I have had enough faffing about with them and am now looking for replacements.

Obviously new one's will be mega expensive so does anyone know where is the best place to get refurbed one's at an affordable rate?

You can get kits to refurb them yourself, but I went for a 'new' refurbed one (rear as it was sticking). I got mine from my local car parts place (motaquip) they are old calipers which have gone to a factory for refurbing, I paid £85 iirc only a few months ago. A brand new from Honda would have set me back £300.

So try your local car parts place, expect to pay around £85 each for the rears, as for the fronts I couldn't give you an exact price but probably more than the rears maybe around £100 mark but don't quote me on that.

That is typical price for refurb' calipers Shoonk. Good advice.

I have my local motor factors looking for a OEM refurb' caliper but they are out of stock at the moment.

Make sure you get a Nissin marked caliper - these are OEM. My initial caliper from the motor factor was a Lucas pattern part. Whilst I have no beef with this, the caliper was the wrong shape around the outside facing pads. This led to muchos discussion back at the shop (I had photographs from my failed fitting) which meant that the boss came out. He agreed with me. The shop-lad was arguing the idea that I had fitted aftermarket Nissan calipers.

The verbal back-handed slap from the boss was a sight to see.

Yeah my caliper was exactly the same as the one that came off only alot cleaner lol, it had all the same markings and numbers including the nissin marking. The guys I went to showed me a picture on the computer of what I would be getting so I knew it was the right one.

But as you said you can get wrong parts, there is another car parts place local to me that always gets the wrong parts, well the one member of staff does, probably because he got eyes like Ben Turpin and puts the wrong part numbers in :lol:.

Get in touch with TGM and see if they have a refurbed set on shelf that they'd swap for your existing callipers. They then use your existing callipers for the next refurb swap. If TGM don't or are too far for you, they could possibly point you in the right direction.

The company I went with offered this service, I think they would refund you £10 in exchange for your old caliper.

I received my refurbed calipers on friday. Need to exchange my old one's once i have changed them over.

Back