• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

cam help

can someone help please, am looking to buy some skunk2 stage 3 cams
what i am looking to know is if i get them do i have to also buy skunk2 valve springs etc ?

yes, they have quite an aggressive profile, I have a set on the way from Skunk2 now, I was going to put the stage 2 Skunk2 in that I have in now (the version 3 with the re profiled exhaust lobe), but I have gone in a different direction with my tune and now need every bit of power so the stage 3's are needed. I also have the titanium retainers, pro springs and valves to go in.

What spec are your running, and why decide for the 3's and not the 2's? Just out of interest?

cheers for the replys.
G. because i thought they would be more aggressive than stage 2 i also would like as much power as i can get haha.
well am busy buying everything at the minute to get it all put in at once.
so far i have bought/buying, buddy club manifold & decat skunk2 exhaust, skunk2 racing intake manifold, skunk2 pro series 70mm throttle body, itg maxogen carbon air box, kpro, competition clutch, ultralight weight flywheel erm and some more things haha

i will do once i have everything haha.
am not sure tbh mate, maybes 280?, i would be happy with anything round that.

i will do once i have everything haha.
am not sure tbh mate, maybes 280?, i would be happy with anything round that.

Can't help but think you will be a sad man on mapping day. :lol:

Get a build thread going, pic's are a must!

I think a nice 260 maybe with a nice extra bit of torque would see you good there. I cannot see 280 in all honesty, though I am interested to see what you get. I was going very similar to you, I have the Skunk2 and ARC box already. I have the Skunk2 TB and stage 3 cams on the way as I said, though I am putting them in a built K24/20 with forged bottom end instead. Even ten I am only hoping to get around 290, though again we will have to see how all the parts will work together we are putting on. My current weak point is my Jackson header, I will be swapping that out for a Skunk2 one as well, once they get more built up.

Back