• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Can someone give me a rough idea...?

Hi guys,

Looking for rough figures for the following to see if it is worth doing...

currently have:
Spoon N1
2.5" Supersprint B-pipe
KnN Typhoon with cold air feed

Future mods (maybe):
rbc manifold
dc sports manifold + decat
kpro/k100 remap
frsu (eventually)

what do you guys reckon for bhp and torque? With still being a novice with mods, etc any input/advice for alternatives would be great....I know gruppe m or teg will probably be one of them and funds allowing it will happen, failing that, the typhoon will have to stay. Also I have been told that you lose the vtec 'kick' once the car is remapped is this correct? I know remaps can also make mpg better, is it a noticeable difference?

Cheers in advance

the point the vtec kicks in is lowered and when it does it is alot smoother, you dont get the kick like you do when standard.

modification wise depends on you and your funds really. i would do the frsu before the engine mods.

i would aim to save up and do all of the engine mods at once so it only needs mapping once.

YES, I love these.

232 flywheel horsepower (252hp at TDi), with the filter letting the system down.

196 at the wheels.

All with a good map, Romain maybe.

BOOM-Ta !!!!

Re-reading your post - The VTEC jolt is mapped to feel the cam change over, where as in fact its not the most effective way of hitting figures.

I had mine mapped out, but due to the extra power made and my Gruppe 'M it was quite clear when you changed cams, it even had torque steer !!

196 at the wheels.

With the mods? What are they standard? :eek: I know whp is less than bhp but didn't think it would be too far off

it even had torque steer !!

Lol only ever experienced that in a mates vxr...wasn't expecting it so came very close to planting the car into a tree

Cheers for the info guys, my next question was going to be 'can you still hear the cam change' but that has been answered, guess I better start stocking up on parts... I've had a look as to where TDI North is and it is quite a drive for me so I think TDI South will be the better option, 4 hour round trip...

Back