• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Can someone suggest a louder OEM-look exhaust?

Fancy something that looks OEM, sounds a little louder (not loud like N1), not twin-slash like magnex and also doesn't hurt the wallet too much.

Any suggestions?

Trung said:
Replace your stock mid-pipe to a non-silenced mid pipe :idea:

trung have you heard how this sounds? was talking to paul a while back about doing this, he said its a good idea as the OEM back box doesn't restrict. just need to know roughly how this sounds...

R20190 said:
Trung said:

trung have you heard how this sounds? was talking to paul a while back about doing this, he said its a good idea as the OEM back box doesn't restrict. just need to know roughly how this sounds...
Up till last week I was using an ABP non-silenced mid pipe with stock bb.
It provides a nice deep tone but not too loud either.
The reason I use stock bb is because it retains a good initial acceleration response.
I've sold the ABP mid-pipe now and you cannot buy it seperately. You can have a custom one made up by Top Gear etc...
Alternatively you can buy one made by Supersprint. Only problem with Supersprint mid pipe is that you have to use an extra smaller gasket to the bb because the SS pipe is larger.

Mike
A Supersprint bb cost like £300+ :!:

I had heard that the noise from a Supersprint B-Pipe and OEM BB was a little strange :? I haven't heard it myself so I'm not sure what that means.

You could go for a Spoon B-Pipe, but again not cheap.

R20190 said:
Trung said:

I used to have the ABP midpipe (straight through) with an OEM BB.

Freak/Tarticus/N77 all comented on it whilst setting up JAE. :lol:

Sounded like a little demon but was within acceptable levels. 8)

thing is I don't want anything too loud, its a tough one cos I live in a quiet area and I would upset the neighbours when I come home from night-shifts...

I used to start work @ 0130.

When I had the N1 and ABP midpipe I expect my neighbours loved me. :twisted:

When the OEM BB replaced the N1 it was so much quieter. Still very good though. 8)

paul.goffin said:
I had heard that the noise from a Supersprint B-Pipe and OEM BB was a little strange :? I haven't heard it myself so I'm not sure what that means.

any idea what a spoon b-pipe and oem backbox sound like?

R20190 said:
paul.goffin said:

any idea what a spoon b-pipe and oem backbox sound like?
Spoon b-pipe still has a silencer built in so it'll very little difference to exhaust note.
You're better off with a non-silenced mid pipe.

Wel I know that the standard back box is good up to 350 BHP

But I would guess an unsilenced mid pipe would prob be your best bet :)

A chap on the "other" forum is selling a TG unsilenced mid-pipe and is actually not too far from where I live. Problem is it has a few scratches from when its scraped the ground... is it worth considering or get TG to make up new one for me?

If anyone knows how these sound with OEM BB please let me know... I have 2 problems with noise, neighbours and the missus (if the noise is intrusive inside the car)... :oops: so I'd say I would probably get away with it being about 15-20% louder than standard setup.

Get the SS system (Mid pipe and BB) with a silenced mid pipe, un silenced will be v.loud and intrusive IMHO :D

Back