• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Can we have.........

Hobbes

Walking Stiffy
A link back to the main forum pages at the bottom of each thread? Only because I find I read a thread, then have to go all the way back up to the top to get back to the board.

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssssss

Hobbes: "of the ENORmous, I am the king".......

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you just click where it says 'top'? Bottom right corner.

Well:

a) I didnt notice that

b) That would be 2 clicks when 1 would suffice...........

:OP

Thanks for pointing that out though dude..........

:O)

Hobbes, God of All GINORMOUSE things...........

Well the link that says Type-r-owners.co.uk at the bottom right could link to /forum/ instead? Which would be the forum index page.

Right........ you're all :ghey: except Chris, Al, Newyork and Sharky..........

oh.........:p .

ok....... Don't really want to use the drop down menu as that is 2 clicks and too much choice for my simple brain to compute.

Home on the keyboard, hadn't tried that.......

:oops:

Ok, You know after you have posted and the thread appears with the last message (being yours) at the bottom.......... then there is a "previous thread" and a next "thread" breadcrumb.......... (forgetting the bl00dy home key for a minute as I'm on the mouse and that means moving my hand, which is effort)............ I have to scroll past "quick reply" which by the way I haven't a F**king clue how it works... and some other stuff before I can get to *any* of the navigational suggestions made above.

I know I'm a pain, but seriously from a user point of view (bearing in mind everybody does things differently), having a "return to General chat" or what ever section breadcrumb there in the middle of "Previous" and "next" would be *SO* helpful..........

I know the functionality is already there, but IMO it is in the wrong place for users and was wondering if for cripples like me we could have something nearer the end of the last post in the thread?

Sorry for banging on about this issue, but it's a pain in the arse posting now we've moved (granted a proportion of that is the whole "newness" for me, which I'm still undecided about).

That all said, of course I do appreciate the time, effort and work that has gone on and appreciate that............... I *think* I miss the old board!!! :( But in time I'm sure "El Crippola" here will get used to it.

Cheers Guys.

Hobbes: Bringer of Happiness in 8"

;OP

As for quick reply, you just click the little reply button next to the quote button in a post...

gimme a chance fella...I'm still learning the board myself and I can't just divert all my time into looking at this one particular issue. I got a huge list of things that need doing on the forum and I will get to this eventually.

gimme a chance fella...I'm still learning the board myself and I cant just divert all my time into looking at this one particular issue. I got a huge list of things that need doing on the forum and I will get to this eventually.

LOL! Mate, sorry if it came across as if I were hurrying you!!! I didn't mean it to. I of course understand that you have a list as long as your arm!!

Thanks for adding it to the list and if it can be done then that's magic.

Appreciate the feedback and your hard work mate. You're a legend. :D

Hobbes: "Long Strong and thoroughly absorbent"

Yeah, nice one Al!!

That's excellent thanks mate. :O) Just seems a little more logical place for it :O)

Top job fella

Back