• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

car died

hi just filled up my car this morning (with correct fuel) then car wouldnt start, the battery is fine it starts briefly, revs up to around 500-1000k and the cuts out, has anyone any ideas cheers :(

sounds like the fuel cut of switch. im unsure where it is though a quick search on here or google should locate it. its worth a try
also check all the fuses

Usually in the event of a crash i have read about them being triggered by electrical faults as well.....(it may not be this obviously im only going on what you described and it matches) ie engine starting but then cutting out

no the engine lights not on. i have driven about 200 miles since fitting the arc so i dont think it would be that but maybe im wrong

Check all connections to and from the ARC, make sure nothing is blocked. Also reset the ECU (fuse 6 I think, pull it for 30 seconds, then put it back on) to see if that helps.

Fuel cut off switch is in the glovebox I think? It's in the manual anyway.

Good luck :(

just got it back from honda £52.88 lighter aparently the immobiliser was turning itself on some how but they were not sure so they reset it and everything seems ok thanks for the help though :)

this has just happened to mine filled it up (checked it wasnt diesel) drove it 2 miles then she died, it was running on reserve when I filled. When it fires up now its as if it is out of fuel then dies after a few seconds. I went over a few speed bumps along the way so will check the cut off switch tonight. Bloody hope thats all it is..

Back