• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

car misfiring in vtec zone.

Just brought a civic type r ep3 04 reg and it drives brilliant and the engine runs very smooth but sometimes when I go into the vtec zone after 6000 rpm,the engine misses,its done this quite a few times but if I keep it under this it runs brilliantly,dosent cut out and pulls quite strong.
Has anyone else experienced this or might know what the problem might be?

There is a dip in the torque curve at the standard VTEC changeover point [5900rpm]

New owner will feel this as a flat spot, where the acceleration halts for a split second before picking up.

I posted up when I first had my EP3 thinking something may be wrong. If you check out a graph of the power/torque curve you will see it clearly.

Hope this is the case and not something more serious.

ecu might only pick up a fault if its bad and doing it in all the rpm range, if your not sure take it to honda or a garage you trust and go for test drive with the techincian to show fault.

danny

No its not actually when the v-tec kicks in,its slightly afterwards./the vtec kicks and the engine starts to pick up but sometimes straight after it will miss.
My buddy plugged it in to a cheap reader and it was saying crank postion sensor,but after reading about the timing chains streching and then the engines braking,it has made me nervous,so booked it into honda for a diagnostic.
Only just brought the car,so Im swetting abit at the moment,thanks for the help though guys.

No its not actually when the v-tec kicks in,its slightly afterwards./the vtec kicks and the engine starts to pick up but sometimes straight after it will miss.
My buddy plugged it in to a cheap reader and it was saying crank postion sensor,but after reading about the timing chains streching and then the engines braking,it has made me nervous,so booked it into honda for a diagnostic.
Only just brought the car,so Im swetting abit at the moment,thanks for the help though guys.

Let us know how you get on.

Why has no one said bought yet?

Maybe the posted replies are concerned with answering/helping him with his problem rather than correcting his spelling. ;)

I hope the garage find out whats happening; let us know what they come up with.

Maybe the posted replies are concerned with answering/helping him with his problem rather than correcting his spelling. ;)

I hope the garage find out whats happening; let us know what they come up with.

Usually the grammar/spelling police are out in force that's all :smt047

Back