• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car Park Incident - Front Bumper Respray

hi guys,

just yesterday i left my car in an unsecure car park and has someone scratch the front bumper, passenger side. unfortunatley i have no idea who did it.

just wondering how much it would cost to respray and if anyone knows anybody in the derbyshire/nottinghamshire area who can do it for me.

thanks

Respray, around £1-200 I would say.

Advanced Autobody in Derby do good work.

Autobody in derby do CHEAP work, okay quality i think.

9, 11 Shaftesbury Street South
derby DE23 8YH

Get Directions
01332 371 458

New bumper from Honda, hendeyperformance on TRO is £240 painted and shipped.

How bad is it? Post a pic of the damage, you might be able to polish it out yourself.

Car Damage.jpg

I just got two quotes.

£165-£180 to reshape the splitter, remove the bumper to pull the wing out, and a respray of that corner

and £220-£280 for repair and a complete respray of my entire front bumper and splitter.

Thoughts?

I hate it when d*cks damage cars in car parks and then bugger off. I've had it about 3 times in 3 months where I used to park at work. Tight public car park and utterly useless drivers!! I need a front bumper respray and possibly a new door skin too! 2nd quote for full respray sounds a bit steep but depends on how good the garage is.

It might work out cheaper if you find a good condition splitter or bumper off ebay, a scrapyard or one of the forums. You can then sell your one to make up some of the cost.

£165-£180 is not far off for something like this though. I paid about £125 for a similar scratch but that was about 6 years ago, I've since learnt how to repair scratches myself. Red is not an easy colour to colour match so make sure you know their work before taking it there if you decide to go down that route.

Was a panel beater for 7 years and any decent bodyshop should be able to just local the bumper. Is the wing damaged? It doesnt look it in the pic.
With it being the red you wont have to blend the colour into both wings which will save you money and should be around £100

Back