• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car pull right when put foot down on acceleration.

I don't know if anybody know or help me with this, my car had done the gearbox upgrade with oem lsd and 5.1 FD in Tgm, they found in the OS driveshaft, there is intermediate shaft bearings, tom told me is not suppose to be that loose reckon it's finished..but by the time couldn't find me one in the workshop, so they have to put back to car until I get the part then replace next time..which I did..
During the test drive, the car is pulling right when put foot down. Tom told me to get alignment done, because I had a other subframe fitted to the car with arms fitted with ploy bushes with caster, the caster will change to angle a bit..hence causing car pulls right..which make cense to me..
This weekend, I sent the car to alignment centre done the four wheels again and adjusted, test drive and car feels the same, when under hard acceleration, the front will going right.
Now, will that be the intermediate shaft bearings in my car cause this happen? I hope I can get this sorted then I'll book my car for dyno tune, hopefully from romain

Cheers
Ray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of place was the alignment centre and do you know what kit they use?

Also how old are the tyres?

Having an LSD installed will exaggerate any issues the car had prior to it being fitted so it could be any number of things. If I were a betting man I'd say it will be uneven wear on the tyres and/or the alignment not being done correctly or with kit out of calibration.

What kind of place was the alignment centre and do you know what kit they use?

Also how old are the tyres?

Having an LSD installed will exaggerate any issues the car had prior to it being fitted so it could be any number of things. If I were a betting man I'd say it will be uneven wear on the tyres and/or the alignment not being done correctly or with kit out of calibration.

Hi Chris, the car had a 4 wheels alignment before and after the gearbox upgrades, both Kwit fit and jet wheel tyres round local..both uses hunter with print out. I just contacted tom this morning and sent him the result of the alignment and he said the alignment was alright. And it must be something that is causing this problem, thanks for your advice I'll check my front tyres, but the worn out intermediate shaft in the OS driveshaft may cause some movement when the lsd wants to put down the power in the road?? That was what tom told me. Sometime the lsd may cause that as I bought used one from Japan not brand new. But I don't want to guess as this is most expensive job..and he said the lsd is good part, so finger crossed I think..

Could definitely have something to do with the intermediate shaft as Tom says but a lot of times it ends up being a simple thing such as unevenly warn tyres so I thought I'd mention.

I've had similar problems because of having different brand tyres on the front or the rear.

My car having different brand tyres in the front and rear

I think you've miss understood that last one mate. Different front and rear shouldn't have any major effects like that, he means they should be the same brand and level of wear on each axle.

I think you've miss understood that last one mate. Different front and rear shouldn't have any major effects like that, he means they should be the same brand and level of wear on each axle.

Ok, I see I'll have to check the tyre thread in each corner...

Hi guys, sorry for the late update..
Today, just check the front tyres threads, on the Near side tyre thread, is around 5-6mm, on the off side which is driver side is around 2mm...I would say compare the both there is 3-4mm gap worn out... would this be enough to make the car pulls to the right?
Will get the back tyres fit to the front and test it as back tyres are quite evenly between 5-6mm

Easily enough to make it pull, 3-4 difference means the dia of your offside wheel is 6-8mm smaller. So with some quick maths... Your near side is trying to go nearly 20mm further than the offside with every revolution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Easily enough to make it pull, 3-4 difference means the dia of your offside wheel is 6-8mm smaller. So with some quick maths... Your near side is trying to go nearly 20mm further than the offside with every revolution.

thanks for this advice, and I'm hoping with the front tyres change and the intermediate driveshaft replaced on the 20th in Tgm..car will back to good performance..then I can feels how the lsd can work with this car lol...

Hi guys, late for this do apologise for that due to my ep3 not my daily and weekend so far..lol..
Well, the car was test for short run after I swap the OS tyres back to the front and make the evenly worn for the front tyres.. car is not pulling right. But time will tell this weekend. thanks again for all your advice.

Back