• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car pulling to the left and right

Ive just got 05plate CTR, when i let go off the steering wheel it starts to pull to the left and sometimes to the left maybe when braking.
checked the tyre pressures and they are all correct, any ideas please?

They do tend to drift to the left as this is the way the camber of the roads go. Pretty normal on standard tyres.

ive got standard tyres and wheels im thinking the tracking may be out as it doesnt feel right at speed.

yes boss get the tracking done. if the pressures in the tyres are good and the wheels are not massively out of balance i think that will help.

tracking is only 30-40 quid so get it done at a decent place.

but before you do that i would get them to check the suspension components for damage or wear. no point in having tracking done to find out that it was a worn lower arm or bush somewhere and have to get them changed and the tracking done again!

Have the same problem on mine but it goes to the right. Even after alignment. Reckon my wheels need balanced or its a worn bush somewhere....

Have the same problem on mine but it goes to the right. Even after alignment. Reckon my wheels need balanced or its a worn bush somewhere....

Wheel balancing won't affect the direction of travel, they'll just vibrate horribly.

Mine seems to pull to the left but I have 225/35 r18... slightly annoying as I looking to sell my car but I don't want buyers to be put off.

Mine only goes 100% straight on specific roads, (eg. A3 between Hook Roundabout and New Malden). In my opinion the steering is not the best aspect of the CTR.
I spent hundreds on 4 wheel lazer alignment at different places when I first got it. Still couldn't make it perfect. Just gotta live with it.

Back