• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car ticking over in the air - blown fuse.

Car is in the garage to alter a few little things.

They said whilst the car was ticking over on the ramp, with the wheels spinning, it cut out, EML came on, and it turned out to have blown a fuse. :confused:

Any reasonable explanation for this at all?

V. strange one that Joe, assume it was level on the ramps?... Just summising if something may have moved and shorted something out?

I'd assume it was level, he mentioned something to do with the power steering but I was too busy on tro to catch what he said. It is all sorted - just a bit strange and wondered why?

Having the engine running for a long period without operating the steering will bring on the power steering fault light, maybe something to do with that?

Possibly, I will find out for sure later - they are wasting my fuel then! angry face. :smt061

what fuse can make the engine cut out? it would be one of the fat fuses. either way you don't want that fuse blowing when you're at 70+ on the motorway.

Nice 'angry face' BTW :lol:

Back