• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

car warrenty

Im looking into putting a warrenty on my car to sell it anyone know of any places that do a decent one for sensible money?
thanks in advance

Don't bother! If you're selling its down to the person buying to get one if they want it. If its just to help the sale then have an AA check done and then you can present the cert. I still wouldn't bother its their problem not mine.

GLWTS.

uneccessary expenditure that you won't see the returns for. it won't speed up a sale, if anything to some peole (you know the types) it would make them a bit sus.

No the reason is as my car aint selling and people would prefer to pay an extra 2k for the same car from a dealer just for the warrenty even though it aint worth a carrot so just thought it might be worth putting one on if i sell it for the asking price
the reason io say this is a local lad payed 10k for a car six months newer than mine with part service history just because he got a warrenty

www.warrantydirect.co.uk

Don't list the Type R on the instant quote but you could try ringing them.

They want £300+ for the all singing all dancing dealer one on my wife's EX 1.8i if I fudge it's age.

You might have to suck it up and just lower the price, If you're going to spend £300 on a warranty why not just drop the price. If its priced right it'll go, I sold my cosmic in about 2 weeks and the Teg went in 3hrs.

GLWTS

Tbh I think it's more location rather then price, if I was looking for a car it would put me off if it was in the isle of man and you can't get much closer then me as I can see it from my house on a clear day

I'd be inclined to do a Full HPI and get the MOT and service done if you really
want to blow some cash. You can always have the warranty info to one hand if you think the buyer will
want it.

Back