• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car wrap dilemma

So I found a local car wrapping place. I'm getting my console done but I fancied the spoiler & possibly the wing mirrors done at the same time.

However the guy did stress he could do it but the carbon won't follow the curves true? Is this normal or is he a cowboy? He said He'd do console, spoiler & mirrors for £200. If it's going to look a tit though I won't bother.

Wonder if he can do the bonnet 'true'.

What to do?

The way I interpret this is because the pattern of the weave is diagonal on a square/flat/rectangular sheet, he's saying that when it's laid on multi-curved surfaces (like a spoiler) it may pull the pattern off course and may not look even overall or the weave will follow odd lines, possibly not join. Tbh it won't really matter IMO unless you're very anal about this sort of thing.

Bonnet/roof/doors will be fine as you can easily lay it how you want it and adjust it etc etc.

I would just double check what he means because he may be implying that he doesn't want to do it for whatever reason :lol:

EDIT: he's a lot cheaper than the quotes I received a couple years ago.

I've done my bonnet myself saving me £150.

But bonnet is easier than those.

IMO £200 for those is not that bad.

I understand the curvature situation & really don't think it will bother me, it will still look good to eye.

I might go for it, need some over time which is rare in this day & age.

Back