• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Castle Combe Track Day

Just to let anyone know who is interested that there is a track day happening at castle combe on saturday 22nd april. This track is really suitable for hot hatches and everytime I have been the CTR's seem to keep up with the majority of cars apart from the caterhams. Can't wait to take my CTR round and see how it does :twisted:

Nick

Funky said:
If it was on a sunday I would have been interested.
Yeah know what you mean I've had to take a day off work to go, but well worth it. Think all the track days at castle combe are on a saturday.

Nick

Im there on the test day monday 27th March, im just hoping the chicane work is finished :? last time the tyre wall is 2ft higher than my car :lol:

I might pop along. Any idea on the cost? Just that I'm going to the Nurburgring over easter.

MilanoChris said:
I might pop along. Any idea on the cost? Just that I'm going to the Nurburgring over easter.
Admission is £5 per person, but if you pm your reg asap I can try to get you on a club stand so get you in for free :wink:
Track is £30 per session plus you need a crash helmet which is £10 to hire but £6 is deposit, if you don't have your own.

Nick

Nick's CTR said:
MilanoChris said:
Admission is £5 per person, but if you pm your reg asap I can try to get you on a club stand so get you in for free :wink:
Track is £30 per session plus you need a crash helmet which is £10 to hire but £6 is deposit, if you don't have your own.

Nick

Cheers. How many laps is one session?

MilanoChris said:
Cheers. How many laps is one session?

How quick can you get round :lol:

They usually have 15-20 min sessions unless something happens.

I wouldn't mind popping to watch when your down Matt but its a way off yet and quite a distance so will see nearer the time

Carl

Ok guys you only have till this afternoon to get you details pm'ed to me if you want to be on the club stand with free admission. All I need is what car it is, colour and reg plate.

Cheers Nick

Sorry guys, recieved 3 PMs got one from N77, milanochris and simonprelude. Basically my mate has sent off the form for the club stand and is waiting to hear back that castle combe have accepted his application. The stand we will be on is for ZSOC, this is the name of the club he used last time and forgot to change it before he sent it back :lol: But it doesn't matter what cars will be on the stand, last time we had an evo, focus and a couple of other cars.
Once my mate has told me we have definitly got the club stand, I will PM the three people back about meeting up just before castle combe to hand out tickets to get in, plus it will make it easier if all the cars on the stand arrive together to help set up it up easier. These tickets will only allow free admission for the driver so passengers will have to pay £10 to get in.

Nick

Nice one Nick :smt023

Thanks for the update, wasn't sure if you got the pm you see when I hadn't heard anything.

Do you know who the track day is being organised through, as I had a look on the Castle Combe site but it doesn't list a date on there for such an event.

Carl

N77 said:
Nice one Nick :smt023

Thanks for the update, wasn't sure if you got the pm you see when I hadn't heard anything.

Do you know who the track day is being organised through, as I had a look on the Castle Combe site but it doesn't list a date on there for such an event.

Carl
Yeah sorry about not getting back to you :oops: I only know it as a action day, found this about it on the castle combe website: http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/eventinfo.asp?EventID=111

Hope this helps. Nick

Back