• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CATD Type-R under £4,000. Would you?

Minor front corner damage, all it needs is a new bumper, wing and a headlight and airbags have also deployed.

no mention of the front suspension damage this car will have or the cross member and inner wing:mad:

i think by the time you finished with a good repair car will stand you at £7k so i would say no

depending on how bad was the impact, it could be a very good cheap base for a track project :twisted:

all depends on the chassis/suspension/steering damage. needs inspection.

Just stay away from it. Its all well and good saying that it'll cost this or that to repair but at the end of the day you've still got to try and sell it when you're done with it. Not worth it IMO.

Ah but then he can advertize it for a rock bottom price, attracting interest the same way it has just now

RAC ;)

Just stay away from it. Its all well and good saying that it'll cost this or that to repair but at the end of the day you've still got to try and sell it when you're done with it. Not worth it IMO.

It depends what you want it for really, if i was looking at building a track EP3 then it would be perfect as it's resale value gets poo'd on by track mods anyway:lol:

I would be very carefull, if the airbags have deployed then its more than likely there will be some chassis damage and will need re-jigging. Also its a corner impact I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing is twisted. As someone else mentioned, damaged inner wings etc... will add huge amounts to the repair bill.

Great donor for a kit car or an elise but otherwise I would run a mile myself.

When repairing the CTR make sure it is done by a Honda approved garage. If it is not then all Honda Warranty will be void although only on the repaired parts and sarounding area.

Make sure you have a good look at the damage and get it inspected. Most CATD cars have very little damage, although CATD id technicaly an insurance write off there may be other circumstances involved. e.g. the owner could not afford the excess and let the insurance company write it off.

I would be very carefull, if the airbags have deployed then its more than likely there will be some chassis damage and will need re-jigging. Also its a corner impact I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing is twisted. As someone else mentioned, damaged inner wings etc... will add huge amounts to the repair bill.

Great donor for a kit car or an elise but otherwise I would run a mile myself.

thats right so if not repaired right the CTR would handle and drive like 5h1t, thats why the cost would be so high when repaired

Back