• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CATS?

No, not the pet types :rolleyes: :lol:

In true style, after saying i'm not modding the car any more, i've gone ahead and bought an exhaust.

Got it fitted this morning but the lads at the garage said that the OEM cat is strangling the new exhaust and recommended that i should either de-cat it or get a sport cat.

Now, i dont like the idea of de-catting as i dont want the hassle come MOT time and also the extra "loudness" which leaves me with the sport cat.

So am i right in saying that the Sport Cat will pass MOTs? How much am i looking at and any recommendations?

Cheers

Gary

OEM cat will be fine imo.

You can get manifolds with sports cat but they aint cheap around the 1K mark at least.

I had a sport cat fitted to mine for a while...CPL made it for me but there are a few companies who do them now approx £250 to £350 plus fitting.

Will pass an mot fine;)

De-cat should be easy to swap over Gary & would of thought be cheaper mate.
Would only need to be swapped once a year for MOT.

Like Sara said, lots of people can knock up sports cats now.
Any decent exhaust fabricated Co. should be able to do the job.

Also would be worth trying to source a JDM CAT? Might be lesser cell'd than the UKDM???

Alternative would be to get a DC5 manifold (ie 4-2 and 2-1 cat section). Much better design than the OEM CTR parts, smaller cat, less restrictive and no hassle come MOT time.

when you say a JDM cat is this a DC5 cat or just a cat off a imported civic?? And is there much point getting a spoon 4-2 and a DC5 cat or just stick with the full DC5 setup?

sorry to steal the thread but it along the same lines :D

If you're getting the Spoon 4-2 then you might as well get the Spoon 2-1 too as it's only a 20 min job to swap the cat in and out.

saw a post that someone is selling a DC5 4-2, 2-1 for £100 delivered which was quite tempting but whats the difference???

Over the EP3 one? Flows much better mate, the EP3 one is restrictive as fook!

I'm thinking about the DC5 route now so will ask around to see how much it will be to fit :twisted:

I'm in discussions with a DC5 forum member about the possibilty of getting a 4-2-1, but he hasnt got the heat sheild- whats the significance(sp) of this part?

I'm in discussions with a DC5 forum member about the possibilty of getting a 4-2-1, but he hasnt got the heat sheild- whats the significance(sp) of this part?

Not a lot really mate, don't think it makes a huge difference as i'm pretty sure you'd lose the heatshield if swapping out to an aftermarket header, although I could well be over simplifying it?

Back