• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Central locking not working, passenger & hatch wont open...Engine turns but no start

Been havin a bit of trouble with my ep3. After taking a short drive with my 2002 EP3 I turned off the engine and now it wont start and the central locking doesnt work, can only open drivers door with key, the boot and passenger door wont open at all, almost as if they are dead locked and the green key light is flashing on dash. Both keys were recoded at Honda, put it on computer and it shows no faults with alarm or immobiliser, fob is deactivating the alarm, but not the immobilizer, and the car has got a new battery. all fuses are fine. Is the central locking unit playing up and stopping the immobiliser deactivating? but is the central locking linked to the immobiliser in anyway. any info or help *** be very grateful as i ave had no car for the last 2 weeks. *****

IIRC - if you disconnect the battery for a couple minutes it does some kind of mini reset. Definitely worth a shot! Other than that it may be the immob/security board...

I've tried that, it does not help at all. Honda just told me the car has an aftermarket alarm in. So I really don't know what the problem could be.

Back