• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Central Locking Problem

My Car remote fob unlocks the car and disarms the alarm when I press unlock, but when I press lock only the alarm sets. The door does not lock. You guys have any ideas?

Maybe try changing the batteries first beofre going down any other routes.

Also, I think there may be a master lock reset, like the window one.

If you hold the lock button down for a few seconds on the door control unit, inside the car, it may reset the system. This may be absolute rubbish, but its worth a try :lol: .

I've changed the battery, it is brand new. The car alarm arms, disarms and even unlocks, but does not lock the car. I have to turn the key to lock the car.

You read the manual? Theres loads of different sequences of pushing the fob to do things, there may be something that covers this.

Or like Suits said, change the batteries :lol:

Its been like this since i bought it 2-3 months ago... Apparantly previous owner said it used to work fine till someone broke in and honda changed the keys.. But I don't know how much of that is true. I haven't got a manual unfortunately so I don't know the combinations, or even the ignition combinations to reset everything.

Its been like this since i bought it 2-3 months ago... Apparantly previous owner said it used to work fine till someone broke in and honda changed the keys.. But I don't know how much of that is true. I haven't got a manual unfortunately so I don't know the combinations, or even the ignition combinations to reset everything.

I will have a look tonight for you mate see if I can find anything

I tried to use the codes that were online, which were turn the ignition to II position press lock on the fob, turn back to I position and repeat 3 times on the 4th time it will cycle on and off. Press one of the keys on the fob and then turn off ignition and remove key to test. But as soon as I turn it to the II position and press lock the alarm goes off.

When I press the lock button on the fob the car does not make a sound that it is trying to lock the car. It just arms the alarm. However I can unlock it using the fob. It cant be a bad actuator, because its unlocking right? Can it be as simple as a fuse going? Where would the fuse be for the locks?

You still having this problem?

I had to speak to Hamilton Palmer today due to my alarm cocking up alot. And the bloke said about the On-Off-On-Off thing. Load of rubbish because Honda charged me £50 and it didnt change anything

well then its been mapped as it was never like this before... in fact it dyno'd 225 couple of years ago..

:lol: big bump!
They charged me for the inspection and a new fob battery. But on the "inspection" they said that it was reprogrammed and the system had learnt the new fobs but it hasnt changed anything for me. My bosses car unlocked it last week when he pressed his fob for his VW.

It would have been £90 if they spent much longer on it, Ive rung them and said they can look at it again because it's ****ing me about still

:lol: big bump!
They charged me for the inspection and a new fob battery. But on the "inspection" they said that it was reprogrammed and the system had learnt the new fobs but it hasnt changed anything for me. My bosses car unlocked it last week when he pressed his fob for his VW.

It would have been £90 if they spent much longer on it, Ive rung them and said they can look at it again because it's ****ing me about still

I can't believe they charged you and didn't actually achieve anything except waste your time

I can't believe they charged you and didn't actually achieve anything except waste your time

It worked fine for a week but I havent been able to get it back to them. But thats why they are getting it back on Monday :lol:. I then rung again to make sure I didnt have to pay, if they need parts then I do apparently. Stealership living up to their name

Their parts will probably cost a bomb, so I'd rather have a clifford or something fitted for cheaper. So I meant it as they think I'm paying for it, when I'd rather not

Back