• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Centre console lights gone out

When i got my HU put in about a year ago I had a problem with the lights behind the buttons on my centre console. All it was that they had forgot to plug it back in. :evil:

Now my air con button and the other button to the right of it (cant remember its name) has gone out. :mad: I have checked to make sure that the plug is in fine and it is.

Any one else had this problem. If so how did you fix it. Or any advice will be great.

Thanks

mr_sport

Does tapping the facia area around the front on the buttons make them come on or blink?

It might just be a case of tightening them up. The bulbs have a flat back surface with a recess for a flat headed screwdriver.

After I changed my headunit, I had to do this to stop the buggers from going on and off randomly.

I had the same problem, the bulb needs replacing. There are 2 bulbs for the 3 buttons.

I'm not quite sure, but I seem to recall this happening to someone before, and I think a change of bulbs solved the issue. :eek:

Does tapping the facia area around the front on the buttons make them come on or blink?

It might just be a case of tightening them up. The bulbs have a flat back surface with a recess for a flat headed screwdriver.

After I changed my headunit, I had to do this to stop the buggers from going on and off randomly.

Yes if i did tap around the buttons it would come on. Haha.

Is it easy to replace them or is it one of they jobs for an expert.

Thanks for all the help guys.

mr_sport

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure that i will be able to find somewhere with a picture ir info on how to do it.

Thanks for all you help guys.

mr_sport

Back