• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Changing tyres again next month...

Hey guys,

that time has come again for me to change the front Tyres on my Type R EP3 2005 Plate. I am looking at going for the Pirelli PZero Nero this time around. Anyone else has these on their Type R and how did they find them from new to end?

I have had:

Toyo T1R Proxes (+) Great handling in Wet & Dry (-) I found they didn't last me very long *However I did not long have the car so was excited by the speed and so on)

Hankook Evo V12 K110 (+) Great Handling Wet & Dry / Great Braking very happy with these (-) Towards the end have noticed lots of slipping dry and most def wet. Great Tyre though for the money!

Pirelli PZero Nero - Look forward to what you got to say about these if anything!

Thanks guys!

JubeiTigeruk

Dotty had them iirc and liked them.

Best tyres I had were the Potenza RE050A.

Eagle F1's are a good shout as well.

Pirelli's = Awful.

Not had either of the other two you're considering.

Have a search through as there is a thread with everyone's thoughts.

Pirelli's = Awful.

I think your the first time I have had anyone say anything bad about them so far so thanks for being honest. My friends have them on Evo's and Scoobys they own and love them but no one I know on a Type R.

The other 2 I have had before and I was just saying what my thoughts were on them!

MilanoChris - Thanks for that I was looking at the Bridgestones actually not much in it price wise from the Zero Neros to them...

I went through about every tyre on the market and the P Zero's were by far my favorite..never had any of the trouble of grip loss when getting to the end of their life like other tyres and good in the wet and dry

I have RE050A's on the bimmer now and they are nice.

I had the Pirelli's on the rear of my last EP3 and they are worst tyres I have had on any of my Civics. I rate them worse than Khumo Ecsta's which were awful and also worse than Yoko Prada's, which were also awful unless it was bone dry and warm.

The back end of my last EP3 stepped out a good few times with those Pirelli's on the back, and no, not when I was driving hard. Just going around a roundabout at normal speed in the dry and damp. I found them completely shocking for being a "premium brand" tyre.

RE040 potz are good, and RE050 as above.
I have seen a few people (decent drivers) say how good the Continental Sport Contact 2 & 3's are.
Goodyear Eagle F1 & Michellin Pilots.
And the tyres I have are very good (made by Michellin in Europe) BF Goodrich G Profilers.

Khumo, Toyo, Falken = shee-ite.

I had the Pirelli's on the rear of my last EP3 and they are worst tyres I have had on any of my Civics. I rate them worse than Khumo Ecsta's which were awful and also worse than Yoko Prada's, which were also awful unless it was bone dry and warm.

The back end of my last EP3 stepped out a good few times with those Pirelli's on the back, and no, not when I was driving hard. Just going around a roundabout at normal speed in the dry and damp. I found them completely shocking for being a "premium brand" tyre.

RE040 potz are good, and RE050 as above.
I have seen a few people (decent drivers) say how good the Continental Sport Contact 2 & 3's are.
Goodyear Eagle F1 & Michellin Pilots.
And the tyres I have are very good (made by Michellin in Europe) BF Goodrich G Profilers.

Khumo, Toyo, Falken = shee-ite.

I have Continental Sport Contact 2 on the back of it I only had them cos I had them EXTREMELY Cheap! So couldn't turn them down... I guess going for them on the front too wouldn't be all bad hey.

Pirelli's = Awful.

You must have had some naff ones, I loved them on the Teg and would not hesitate to get them again, a great all round tyre which perform great in the wet or dry, I even lapped the ring 5 times with a set, and they were fine!

I've recently fit a full set of Eagle F1s (215/40) and I can tell you that they are nothing short of EPIC.

IMO tyres are hard to discuss as they are very car / person specific.

One mans epic Tyre is another mans fail.

I have Bridgestone RE040's all round on the EP3.
I dont like them in the wet and WILL NOT push them unless its bone dry and warm. Nice in the dry though.

I have Michelin Pilot Exaltos on the Clio 182 Cup and they are nothing short of superb.
I had a 172 before the EP3 and had Continental Sport Contact on that - they were fantastic from 0 miles to 20k miles with hardly any loss in grip/feel.
Only reason I swapped them was they were on the tread indicator.

I have 6mm of tread on each tyre so it will be some time before I change them, and I'm certainly not that bothered about sticking my hand in my pocket to the tune of £400 to put new ones on all round.

IMO tyres are hard to discuss as they are very car / person specific.

One mans epic Tyre is another mans fail.
well said mate. i have had tyres which i thought were awesome and others thought were absolutely terrible......
at the end of the day everybody drives differently which is going to affect how the tyre is going to perform.

Well guys, I have had the Pirelli PZero Nero I was speaking about a week or so after I started this Thread... I have to admit for the money I have paid (£105 Each Fitted) I am extremely disapointed.

They have been worn in and I find when giving it some in first if and when I do it slips in dry even and when its a bit damp or wet then well thats just rubbish! I have to admit no slipping of any sort on cornering or whatever so thats fine. I had the Hankook Evo 12 last time and I have to admit they felt a much better tyre than these. I wish I went for Bridgestones and I shall be giving them a go next time!

Just an update to what I went for and what I think thats all!

Thanks.

JubeiTigeruk

Back