• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Check your tyres properly on full lock

PS4S's benefit from upping the oem pressures slightly to 35/36 front on the Fk2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went with dream in the end at 240 a corner. No on else could get the specific model number with the lip. Need my head examining I know but 9k miles isn't too bad for a high performance tyre

I noticed when swapping my wheels over that the inside edge had worn quite badly. I had at least 4mm left over the rest of tyre.

22e368781d631a2aebef64aca271e221.jpg

e76f2b757220e5176754f15e598f0815.jpg

I had Honda do a 4 wheel alignment check which came back as follows

4f48b8543d1327b6186829ea52dd7502.heic

I am not entirely sure what this all means, but since the check new tyres have worn more evenly.

I have just completed a track day on AD08R tyres and they have worn lovely and flat across the tyre

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at that. The rear toe was out of specification and has been adjusted. They haven’t touched the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at that. The rear toe was out of specification and has been adjusted. They haven’t touched the front.

Camber in front and back is a little higher than spec, but IIRC you can't do anything about that on the FK8... /stancelife?

It's probably to do with the stupid stretched look.

I am really tempted to go to 255 or 265 when I move to MPS4S at the end of the year. Anyone already done this?

So bit of a stinker over the weekend, went to Dream and had the tyres fitted, but when it rolled of the ramp, spotted straight away they were the wrong Conti's without the lip. I should have checked them before they went on, but there was a nice 19 year old with an FK2 who was having some lovely wheels fitted so we got chatting about his mods etc etc.

Dream were great in that they let me drive home, then we were looking to rectify it today with the right ones. However, Just spoke with them and Conti have put a block on this particular tyre for the moment, and no one seems to know why, not even Conti head office. No idea when it will be back in production so lord knows what the cars rolling off Swindon will be on unless they have huge stock to get through. If anyone replaces like for like can they let me know who please? Appreciate it.

So Dream are going to match Kwikfit which is great but I still have the non-lipped Contis......you can imagine my OCD levels are now alarmingly high.

Oh, and I have a buckled front due to the pot holes..... and at my service today, the nice chap at Honda pointed out 3 parking dings I had not noticed....! They say it comes in 3's!

Fan the maaaaan. I have 4 of the “Honda conti” sat in my garage with 6-7mm on them.

Let me know if they are of interest. They’ve covered minimal mileage.

I also have a brand new wheel in a box next to the above tyres.

Hey Fan..
Forget about the "Nice 19 year old" Boy and snap dottys arm off for that deal.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

FK2 front and rear tyres are same size as my Porsche front tyres.

I bought new tyres all round for the Porsche in Feb this year and went for the Porsche spec N2 Michelin Pilot Sports.
Porsche spec generally means stiffer sidewall, but more importantly (for us all with nice wheels) a nice bit fat lip to protect the rim.

The rim protector on the Porsche spec is much larger than the standard Michelin spec tyre.
Dont know about speed rating/load rating but mine are 235/35 ZR19 91Y XL

I changed from the Bridgestone RE050A which also had a great rim protector.

Neither have the 'stretched' look that my mates FK2 Contis have

Nice doing business with you dotty! Delighted with my purchases :lol:

Weirdly bumped into a red one at the bottom of your road where we exchanged the obligatory JDM wave! anyone on here in Basingstoke tonight??

Weirdly bumped into a red one at the bottom of your road where we exchanged the obligatory JDM wave! anyone on here in Basingstoke tonight??

Were you in a white one? If so that was me on the A33

OK, I have to ask "JDM Wave?" :lol:

only because, I'm also doing a raid on Dotty's Discount Honda Parts Store next week, and I'd like to ensure formal greeting standards are kept :)

OK, I have to ask "JDM Wave?" :lol:

only because, I'm also doing a raid on Dotty's Discount Honda Parts Store next week, and I'd like to ensure formal greeting standards are kept :)

Yeah, its like a normal wave, just with a Japanese flick...:asw:

Back