• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Checking Oil...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hear this.... we all (most of us) know how to check oil,

Obviously... Flat service, cold engine, check the oil etc etc. Anyway, I was reading a Castrol leaflet (provided from the Honda Dealer) which states:

Warm the car up, then turn engine off...then leave for 2 minutes and then check? WTF? Surely this isnt accurate and that oil will be spinning all over moving parts?? But this IS Castrol?

So my question to you is: How do you check Oil? What is the exact way to check your oil limits?

Check it when up to normal operating temperature as stated by Honda in the owners manual.

Drive it to where ever im going, park up, let it sit for 10 minutes or so, then check.

take the car for a 3 hour drive. find a hill. raise the car on the emergency jack not using the jacking points until it is maxed out & wobbling. remove both front wheels and use no axle stands. get a friend to sit in the driver seat and hold the car on the limiter. open oil filler hole and remove dipstick. insert dipstick into oil filler hole and wiggle vigorously.

this is all laid out in detail in the MANUAL if you could be bothered to read it.

take the car for a 3 hour drive. find a hill. raise the car on the emergency jack not using the jacking points until it is maxed out & wobbling. remove both front wheels and use no axle stands. get a friend to sit in the driver seat and hold the car on the limiter. open oil filler hole and remove dipstick. insert dipstick into oil filler hole and wiggle vigorously.

this is all laid out in detail in the MANUAL if you could be bothered to read it.

I knew I was doing it right ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back