• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Checking the oil level?

Does anyone else find this impossible to do accurately unless the car is dead and I mean DEAD level? Even on a slight slope my dipstick reveals that it's low on oil. But then at work where it's level it has plenty? I find it frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah mate, I ALWAYS check my oil only when its level. My last house was on a slight slope - facing downwards, and the oil read over. When the car was facing the other way it read under...

Even after I had changed the oil and filled it last, still get random readings. Don't want to overfill it either but it think I will add some more for the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If in doubt, add lubrication.

Now that I think about it, all the places that I check my oil are completely level or very close to it. It makes sense I suppose.

Can you find a plank of wood the correct thickness to make your driveway level?

For future reference the sump capacity on the EP3 is 4.7 litres. If the oil is on the minimum mark just add a litre. Always try to check on a level surface

Back