• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cheeky Tyre C*nt

Just been to a tyre place to collect my money for my refurbed alloy that the fcukers scraped when they changed the tyre :x

So anyway I asked him about the michelin pilot sports and he started saying the toyos I have are one above budgets, not premium tyres and the michelins are better.

Surely if thats the case most people on here would be running michelins?

Personal preference, and some tyres are better on certain cars than others :wink:

^^ :lol: Im glad it wasnt just me.

Yeah I did like the grip of the pots in the dry, but they would never have allowed me to chase the dc5 at top speed on a torrential downpour (private runway of course). I think the toyos are great in the wet yet to test them out in the dry so its hard to compare with the pots.

The paradas are also maybe ones I will give a go once the better weather arrives up here in sunny scotland :roll:

^^ Yeah also heard that too, but they should be a little better in the dry than the toyos.

All round tho toyos win I think.

Tbh I don't worry too much about tyre performance in the wet.

If you drive hard in the wet on the road, then you are asking for trouble imo.

I found Pots were pants on my CTR in anything but completely dry, the AVS Sports I had on the Teg were very good in the dry & ok on a damp surface too.

True mate it is asking for it, I dont drive like an idiot usually in the wet, unless provoked but I mean even with normal driving the roads right now are greasy and im defo alot more confident with the toyos than the pots. Which can only be good if it snows or ices up again this year

Maybe 10 years ago, but they have upped their game since then.

TerryCTR said:
So anyway I asked him about the michelin pilot sports and he started saying the toyos I have are one above budgets, not premium tyres and the michelins are better.

Harvey said:
Apparently the Paradas arn't much better than the pots in the wet.

That's true they are pretty crap in the wet.

If you want good wet weather tyres I highly recommend Pirelli P-Zero's. Pretty average on dry stuff, but pretty damn impressive in the wet, I'd leave my car standing in a P-Zero shod stock CTR on a wet road. On dry roads the opposite applies.

Toyo did used to be a budgetish brand, still performance, but budget. I remember my dad swapping his beloved Pirelli P600's for some on his XR3. :lol:

As far as the wet weather performance goes, I'm running Parada 2's on mine at the minute (have T1R's on my 18's too). I don't drive hard in the wet but they're not causing me any problems.

If you want a performance winter tyre, give the Uniroyal Rainsport 2's a try :wink:

I have rung around a few tyre places in the past and several classed Toyos as 'budget' tyres. :?

Back