• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Choosing new tyres best price and performance

I'm know expert on tyres! Hence why I'm asking! I wouldn't pay that money for tyres for a ford focus nore would I own one!

My point is you're going to struggle for £75 a corner fitted to get something decent

Thank you. How about if I said £350. As I said I've renervated my house and as you can imagine that's drained my funds.

I paid £330 for Khuno KU39s on standard type r wheels, rate these very much for price, i have done 2 track days in them so far and wont hesitate to get them again, though i am no expert :)

I got some Bridgestone potenza RE050A 225/40R18 88Y for my 2009 fn2 type R GT. Went direct to my local Honda garage. Cost me £155.00 per tyre fitted. Would recommend these tyres with out a problem. They look great on the car and drives very well. I don't do track days yet so not sure what they are like, but day to day on the road I get good performance and grip in the corners.

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've just got RS-R's for mine
20140320_153820_zps717610a0.jpg

They are not as good as Proxes sadly :(

Which proxes you mean?? I wasn't recommending them for an all year road tyre anyway just refering to the good price. For a road tyre Contisports all the way for me but as for the federal i think they're great for half the price off the r888 for a track tyre

Which proxes you mean?? I wasn't recommending them for an all year road tyre anyway just refering to the good price. For a road tyre Contisports all the way for me but as for the federal i think they're great for half the price off the r888 for a track tyre

T1S or better still T1R. Either is better than the RSRs (contrary to what you'd think) on road or track.

After buying my car last year it needed new tyres. Wasn't feeling that flush so went for Falken ZE914's. I have no complaints but then I haven't tried any of the others mentioned.

T1S or better still T1R. Either is better than the RSRs (contrary to what you'd think) on road or track.

I thought the rs-r's were great, gave them some hammer around cadwell last week and had loads of grip. They coped well with the heat too if not better than my previous r888's i had did. I know a couple who have had t1r road tyres on their civics and both said they were appalling lol. Everyone has a different view mind and driving style and setup play a part in that just find it strange you prefer the t1r. If you just fitted them have you used them on track yet? You might be pleasantly surprised if not as i was. I got to admit the first few miles in them i thought i'd wasted my money

After buying my car last year it needed new tyres. Wasn't feeling that flush so went for Falken ZE914's. I have no complaints but then I haven't tried any of the others mentioned.
I have them just now aswell and not had a problem with them, ive had Potenza's aswell and prefer the falkens tbh.

Unfortunately Tyres are a very personal choice.

What one likes another doesn't.

You'll have to figure it out yourself!

I can't speak for the ctr but I've had loads of tyres on my old lupo gti, kuhmos aren't bad, hankooks are better, my personal favorite are vredesteins. Good grip, decent wear and not bad price wise, look nice too. The side wall are stiff on the vredesteins as I have just found out to my cost!

Thanks for that. I had a look at it but they do not have 215/40/17 which is what I'm really after.

Back