• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Choosing new tyres best price and performance

A 215/45 isn't bad if you can't find them in that profile, I had some r888's that size and were fine

I fitted 225/40/18 Vredestein Vorti's to my FD2 recently and cant fault them, not as responsive as the Pirellis the car came with but only slightly and give smoother ride! Wet grip is excellent, have yet to see it break away in hard cornering! Dry grip is excellent to....

I fitted 225/40/18 Vredestein Vorti's to my FD2 recently and cant fault them, not as responsive as the Pirellis the car came with but only slightly and give smoother ride! Wet grip is excellent, have yet to see it break away in hard cornering! Dry grip is excellent to....

Hi, I've tried them last year before it hits winter and I found them okay in wet/dry condition. Since, I decided to use it on track and road use I needed a set of tyres which would compensate that.

I have the new Yokohama AD08R's and find them fantastic. Even in the wet they grip well. In the dry they are auperb. And when you really warm them up they just stick. Very progressive when they do break away and inspire lots of confidence. Expensive, but I wouldn't have anything else now. Mine are 215 x 40 x 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the new Yokohama AD08R's and find them fantastic. Even in the wet they grip well. In the dry they are auperb. And when you really warm them up they just stick. Very progressive when they do break away and inspire lots of confidence. Expensive, but I wouldn't have anything else now. Mine are 215 x 40 x 17.

Hi Lewis, what rating would that be on your tyres?

Speed rating or noise or weather? Think they're like a b in wet weather. Honestly they are great.

I accidentally ordered 215 45 17 when I got AD08R's on the fronts. Whilst the tyres do look a bit big, the speedo readout is pretty much spot on now (ie not over reading like they do normally).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all your comments guys, I'll go with AD08R's!!!

You will be pleased. Be aware they take a week or so to scrub in until they will be optimally grippy. Or so I found with mine. Excellent choice! They look cool too what size/profile have you gone for?

I accidentally ordered 215 45 17 when I got AD08R's on the fronts. Whilst the tyres do look a bit big, the speedo readout is pretty much spot on now (ie not over reading like they do normally).

Do you have any good photos of yours I'd like to see what the 45 profile looks like. Mine are 40 so lower than the OEM profile but the look right in the car I think. Thanks

You will be pleased. Be aware they take a week or so to scrub in until they will be optimally grippy. Or so I found with mine. Excellent choice! They look cool too what size/profile have you gone for?

Since, I've had 215/40/17 for the last few years. I was thinking of going back to the OEM size as the ride on 215 is a bit harsh.

I am stuck on finding the 205 from various sites, if not I'll stick with the 215 for now.

I found the ride on these tyres was much better on my others tyres. Obviously 45 profile will offer a slightly softer ride. Width shouldn't affect ride but profile will (40 or 45). Would be interested in seeing some fitted photos of you get the 205 x 45 profile as I may get those next. Depends how they look!

Back