• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Choosing new tyres best price and performance

I've just found a set of 205's but they cost bit more than the 215!!! I need to do more research before I order it. Yes will do, I'll upload some photos on here once its done.

I am trying to put the mugen front lip and 3D number plate on today if the weather gets better later on.

Yes I found that. They popular sizes are more expensive - *******s! I know others have gone for 215 45 17 but they can look rather big. If you check my progress blog you can see what the 40's look like. In contrast they look rather low profile but I still think they look decent. 205 x 45 may look just right as the thinner width will pull them in a touch so they should look slightly lower than 45 bit bigger than my 40's if you get me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've gone 1 step down from the AD08 and got a set of S-drives last friday. Very happy so far. Hard to compare the 2 as my AD08s were an unknown age, had travelled accross the world from japan and had been thoroughly abused by evo magazine. Suffice to say the S-drives don't want to let go half as much but as I've just said, hardly a fair comparison.

Tyre noise and wet grip is fantastic, not had much chance for a real test in the dry as of yet. Much better than the AD08s for noise though.

I've ordered it in 205/45/17 last night, hoping to receive it before Friday or Tuesday of next week.

Cool would appreciate some photos of them in this profile please buddy to see how they look. Should look smaller than the 215 45's but bigger than my 215 40's! Thanks. You will like them. Just give them a chance to scrub in a bit too.

I will do mate. Also, I had my oem wheels powder coated but need to find someone who can sort out the matching colour of the centre caps. I will upload these once is complete.

I've got uni royals rainsport 3s at mo i did have toyo proxy 4s I've found that the uni royals are much better in the wet and also in the dry :)

Toyo proxies are terrible. Honestly haven't used a worse tyre to date. Ok in the wet but like driving on ice in the dry they just slide out.

Very disappointed, I order it before the Easter holiday and received a mail from the supplier the 205's is out of stock right now. I have made my point where they could notify me or even update their stock.... Anyway, they have agreed to supply me the 215's now but charge the price as 205's, which works out slightly better what I've already paid. So, I am hoping they arrive very soon. As I have other modification in mine with these 215's.

Very disappointed, I order it before the Easter holiday and received a mail from the supplier the 205's is out of stock right now. I have made my point where they could notify me or even update their stock.... Anyway, they have agreed to supply me the 215's now but charge the price as 205's, which works out slightly better what I've already paid. So, I am hoping they arrive very soon. As I have other modification in mine with these 215's.

So will yours be 215 x 45? They'll be fine mate. I had to wait a month and. Half for mine. Have you tried demon Tweeks they should have the 205's in stock. Even today in the torrential rain they were great. No savage aqua planing like the paradas!!

Back