• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

civic 2.2 diesel sport worth a look?

hi guys as some of you may no i bought a toyota altezza 2months ago and it broke down straight away so am in an ongoing conflict with the garage who sold it to me, but me and my partner have recently had a little girl and im now thinking that maybe im better off buying a more sensible car like a civic and the MPG in the 2.2 is very good. My question is if anyone owns one or knows about this car are they good as i am thinking about buying one in september.
Many thanks Ben

Everyone I spoke to said go for the petrol. What you save on fuel you will end up spending come service time and the premium for getting the diesel. Plus you get Vtec.

My wife gets 38-40mpg in the petrol on a 9 miles A/B road commute to work which takes her about 30 mins as its through traffic. Her car is the EX but I'm sure the Sport will get the figures. Just don't get black, it's a pain in the ass...

Sport will have the same alloys I think.

Sdc10135.jpg

Isn't the diesel fastwe 0-60though and it's 10mpg better. How much would I be looking at for one of these? Is there a better car in that catorgory such as leon or focus diesel?
Thanks again Ben

yes go for it for what you need it for you will love it. i work for honda and ive had a few of these as company car's fairly fast lots of room and good mpg i got 55 mpg easy and thats not slow driving. in terms of price i dont think they are much cheaper than the type r around 19k maybe a bit less.

Im thinking of going for one of these to. do they have any reliability problems like astra diesels??

Well my much richer friend has bought a 09 black one and he loves it best interiour I have ever been in and I have driven a mk5 r32!! He is also going to get the car remapped for 193Bhp. Now more temping!! :)

Back