• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Civic mugen

Hi all wondering if you can answer this are the new mugen civic fn2 2.2? On YouTube that's what there saying if so where can you purchase the kit to turn a standard fn2 to this as after a long wait my car is going and going to be buying one at long last

The M20 is a 2 litre. You can also get a 2.2, but I don't know how many they made.

The 2.2 was an option on the remaining unsold ones and I believe as a retro-fit to any of the original M20s only.

http://mugeneuro.com/road-cars/even-more-mugen-power-for-honda-civic-type-r/

You will not be able to buy as a kit for standard FN2s. The engine is built by Mugen and will only be available in a M20.

You can however buy a Toda 2.2 stroker kit but it is expensive. Very.

The only 2.2 M20 built was Mugen's own demonstrator, and unfortunately, Mugen Euro decided not to offer the kit as a retro fit option to existing M20 owners.

Chris.

Cheers for putting the record straight Chris. I thought I'd read they were going to but obviously hadn't looked into it. :lol:

It's a proper one off then!

First of all we didn't get the Mugen RR in the UK. It's the Japanese model (FD2 chassis) which is a 4 door. It came in red only. You can get them imported but expect to pay £30k+.

The car you linked is a M200 Mugen. Same as a Championship White FN2 Type R (same power output, suspension, brakes etc) with Mugen front and rear lower skirts, a Mugen badge and Mugen numbered plaque. They made 200 of them. They retailed at about £23k.

The Mugen that came with the big spoiler is the M20 which is the full on Mugen tuned car. They made 20 of these and they retailed at about £40k.

The Mugen gauges and spoiler you can buy and fit to any FN2. The spoiler is about £1500 and the gauges are close to £2000.

You could spec them on a M200 if you bought it from one of the Mugen approved Honda main dealers.

Thanks for that hmm I don't know if it's worth spending all that money as I really wanted the performance of the mugen one not so fussed on the looks especially when if I buy a normal type r it's like 10k less

I bought a standard Type R and spent the extra money on modding it.

I'd put money on my car being at least as quick if not quicker than the M20 on track. I've had to spend though and at the end of the day I don't own a Mugen.

That is the Mugen 200 and the larger spoiler was not standard. You could buy one and have it fitted. http://www.hendyperformance.co.uk/product/Mugen_REAR_WING_FN2_84112-XLR-K0S0

The M20, if you can find will be 30k+ I believe.

Info stolen from Civinfo..

M20 - Type R Mugen

Mugen, the Japanese manufacturer of motorsport engines and parts, last year experimentally dipped their toes into the road car water and decided to see if they could build the fastest FWD production car out of a Civic Type R. They tried to keep it simple, but effective, and produced the wildest prototype you could ever imagine (driven here), called P1. They decided to produce 20 of the cars,most of which are now sold, so they made a second prototype in Championship White (called P2). This was to iron out any issues before the production run. P2 is pictured below - it's the one with the huge wing, 18" forged wheels and extra instruments.

It is a full-fat conversion - where they buy a stock CW CTR and pull it apart. It is delivered to their premises in Northampton, where the engine is rebuilt using trick parts and run in "at Monza" on their engine dyno. The suspension and brakes are replaced with custom made Mugen parts and the cosmetic and other bits and bobs added. It is expensive, but worth every penny.

M200 - Type R Mugen 200 Limited Edition

From March, Honda are selling a limited edition CW CTR called the Mugen 200. In essence, it's the CW CTR (with LSD) with the front and rear bumpers from the M20 (but not the huge rear wing), some 19" "Lightning" alloys, black mirrors, a Mugen badge on the back and a Mugen numbered plaque from 1 to 201 by the gearshift. This time, the run is limited to 200 cars only.

In an ideal world I would love an RR, but you can achieve the same if not better performance by researching and modifying in your own way. I did this with the DC5. :)That being said, the price to modify an FD2 with limited used parts in the market, you would probably be better off sourcing an RR, they also look the business and you can bet your ass you would not see another on the road!

Back