• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Civic Type R #2 Fn2 GT :)

Hi,lovely looking car.
You are not to far from me either,i am other side of gobowen.
Do you have a link for the red engine dressing,the washers please.

Hi mate. yeah not far away. there just password jam ones off eBay. but i used 5mm countersink screws

And thank you

CPL manifold fitted. Not a bad job to do at all. Heatshields were the worst part. Rebuilding took around 20 minutes.

Great fitment. No issues at all. Used heat reflective tape on brake pipes and so on at the back just for extra measures due to the lack of heatshields that were refitted.

Ready for Sunday's tuning session :)

Loaded the Group N map so I'm assuming it's ok to drive but not to crazy until tuned correctly?

Sounds really nice. it'd made it slightly more raspy but not much difference on tick over. just a little burble in the background.

its mated to a 2.5" custom exhaust. twin exit.

will see how it feels sunday :)

Really good day today, No issues at all. Flash pro worked as it should :) Chris at EFI Parts is a really top bloke and very helpful.

Results wise its down on what bhp i maybe expected but higher torque than expected. Main thing is how it drives and my days does it pull better. No flat spots and constant power from 3k upwards. really impressed with the torque gained for the Mods I've done.

Heres a few pictures and comparisons

Now the car is running as it should have from the factory its time to consider the next step.

Do i continue with Bolt-ons to achieve slightly more power, Like cams and intake manifolds and so on or leave it as it is. Really considered going down the Supercharger route for my Fn2 but don't fancy it as a daily after doing some reading up. Also reliability issues.

so not sure what the next big gains for £'s would be but i would imagine its going to be expensive and little gains.

The other option is another thing I've always wanted to do since my Mk2 golf is another long term project like an EG or EK civic. this way i can keep the fn2 as the daily and have something to play with.

managed to catch the wheel on a rock today at around 3mph. Is this tyre worth Scrapping, its only a few months old and no cords showing?

I wouldn't risk it. Part of the integrity of the sidewall, and could start to bulge.

Nothing exciting but finally sorted my Dodgy Arch Trim. Dropped the car off at JT Hughes Honda today to have a new arch fitted :) Finally it sits flush and a great service as always from my local dealer.

No real updates, just a few tweaks.

Exhaust may be going back to standard due to becoming a daily and I can't cope with the motorway Drone. its not to bad but would rather have a little more silence. keeping the CPL manifold so hoping I won't see much difference in performance.

only other change is Chris At EFI kindly sent me a tweaked map with a higher VTEC crossover, more economical map for daily driving. Read you can have both stored on flashpro so if thats true would make it a doddle to flick between the two.

Exhaust has now been put back to standard apart from the CPL manifold, nice to have the silence again but think I'm just getting old :)

pulls just as it did so happy days, think a HKS is on the cards instead.

Back