• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

civic type-r lost power please help!!!

Am I right in thinking that valve clearances should be done on stone cold engine?
Yes. If a garage is doing your clearances and they only have the car for a few hours then your may as well not have them done.

The car should be dropped off the night before so it can be put on the ramp ready for adjusting first thing, or dropped off first thing and adjusted in the afternoon without the engine being started throughout the day.

Yeah they should be done when the engine is cold like milaoChris said I took my car to the garage Monday and they did the valves Tuesday morning it only took them an hour to do I've noticed how Honda garage prices vary even locally but Honda charged £80 an hour well worth it to get it running properly again :)

Yeah they should be done when the engine is cold like milaoChris said I took my car to the garage Monday and they did the valves Tuesday morning it only took them an hour to do I've noticed how Honda garage prices vary even locally but Honda charged £80 an hour well worth it to get it running properly again :)

How much was it to do the work?

Back