• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

civic type-r VS S2000... PLEASE HELP QUICK!

hey guys.

i own an ep3 have done for about 4 months. im considering swapping for a S2000

pro's and con's if you lot have some?

also could i buy a hard top for any year s2k?

thank-yall

Ones a 2 seater convertible, the other is a hot hatchback.......

I know that sounds kinda trolly but the cars are completely different - the only similarity between them is that they are roughly as fast as eachother and are both built by Honda. From memory my S did about the same sort of mileage too.

The only real criticism I would have of the S is that it sounds louder than it is and it would be nice if it had more torque - but that's a curse of VTECs/Honda in general.

The gearbox in the S is fantastic, a really solid mechanical feel to it, and you really feel like you're driving it. The standard Bridgestones are suicide in the wet (or even moderately damp weather), but great in the summer. Go for the GT if you can - there is literally no difference between non-GT and GT other than the hardtop but you may find you save a fair chunk of money on insurance by going with the GT.

Get an 02 onwards model if you can - they came with a glass rear screen, the pre-02 plastic ones had a terrible habit of clouding over.

Back