• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Claim or not??

Hi all,
Only been 3 weeks or so and I've managed to put her in a ditch after the rear came round on me, rescued the first but the second snap was too much for the narrow road. Now which is the best way forward with this, I'm pretty sure the car will be a write off but is the best solution to go through insurance and claim myself (fully comp) insurance and suffer by driving a granny's car around for the next 3 years or should I break the car for bits and keep my history clean?
2013-03-28002634.jpg

2013-03-28010254.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
break it, do not tell insurance.

no idea on parts. couple of grand though if engine good. pre facelift so probably only worth £3k as a full car anyway. cost to you if you claimed excess plus additional premium over 5 years = forget it.

break it, do not tell insurance.

no idea on parts. couple of grand though if engine good. pre facelift so probably only worth £3k as a full car anyway. cost to you if you claimed excess plus additional premium over 5 years = forget it.

Prob is i'm too good mechanically and i don't have much time

i hear you mate.

list it on ebay as is. decent pictures of course once it's on your drive and list all the knackered components. you'll sell it easy either to a luton resident who wants to rebuild and sell on, or to somebody who breaks them, or to somebody who wants to build a track car.

i reckon you'd get £1500+ without getting your hands dirty.

remove the pictures from this thread if i were you. especially the one with the number plate.

Thanks mate, you've been real helpful, i've managed to get a quote of roughly a grand to fix it all up so hopefully a good solution all round, fingers crossed!!

yep £1000 about right for that so long as no super nasty hidden damage to engine/box. good luck with it.

Back