• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Clean! My FN2 GT...

I autoglymed the crap out of it this morning!

P7210525.jpg

P7210526.jpg

P7210527.jpg

P7210530.jpg

P7210534.jpg

And one of the Mrs...
P7210536.jpg

Been putting this job off for ages...partly because I'm a lazy fecker, and mostly havent had the time.
But today it was either helping the lass with the housework, or hiding out in the garage!

Foliatec mission as follows, in pics!

Fronts...
DSC00319.jpg

Rears...
DSC00320.jpg

Figuring out the destructions...
DSC00318.jpg

Scrubbed up...
DSC00321.jpg

Paint mixed...
DSC00322.jpg

Fronts, job done...
DSC00323.jpg

DSC00325.jpg

Rears, job done...
DSC00324.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

And managed to sneak a bit of the Mrs' leg in. Shes hidden the boobage ones...the search continues...
047.jpg

Good work on the calipers - I'd ightly sand away/file down the paint off of the embossed Type-R logos for a professional, crisp, finish that saves having to seperately paint the 'TYPE-R' lettering; which is fiddily to say the least.

Flesh. It's always great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, that would finish it off nicely and that was my plan...but having clayed and polished the car before starting that mission I just could not be ar*ed, as you can probably tell by the odd splodge my attention was wavering throughout!
The car is going in January, so it probably wont get finished. :lol:

My reign as Watcher-of-the-Reich has come to an end. Myself and the lass should be signing new contracts this month, and then they will move us to the adidas office in Bangkok in Jan or early Feb time.
I did hammer out a few options so I can keep hold of the car, it all turned out to be more hassle than it was worth. So its going back to Honda. :(

Whats really upsetting is the expat insurance will not cover us for having our own car, so we have to have a driver. And thats not as flash as it sounds...the cars assigned to the expats all look like the mystery machine! :eek:
I do recall seeing a thread on here once upon a time with a garage that had an FD2 in it...I'd like to do my homework and look to make a purchase out there (but not telling the employer!). However, I really dont have a clue about getting cars shipped out of Asia into the UK though. Not sure if someone like 200BHP Cars could sort it for me...for a fee of course!

Andy at 200bhp Im sure could sort it for you!
They would prep the car for you aswell for a fee!
I.e underseal and detail to make sure it is immaculate for you.

Thanks, I'll bear it in mind and give him a call when I know what the score is.

PiperX needs to come off at the end of the month before the weather turns. Any takers, £50 delivered?

Meeting with Honda on Friday to discuss the buy-back numbers...
Not sure if the lump in my throat is the upset at handing it back, the offer, or the managers balls in an attempt to increase the offer.

Back