• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

cleaned car and painted brake calipers

Hi guys, why it was a nice day today i took advantage of it so i cleaned my car with zymol shampoo and polished with autogylm and used detailing poorboys on top of the polish.
so i purchased some paint from halfords and spend nearly 4 hours doing it.
let me know what you think.

Looks good, you should get some wax on top of that polish, keeps the hard work looking nice for longer.

Cheers shamus I have ordered some more wax dodo purple haze not happy with the one I have got, anyway going to clay and seal next month so should look good for the summer

Polish doesn't wear off :lol: you need a good wax to protect it after a polish. SRP is to remove/cover very light scratches and to bring the paint back to life, if your paint dulls that quick you're doing something wrong lol.

the wax/sealant i have is no good so i didnt bother putting any protection on, untill sealant arrives from ebay, paint work on my fn2 is great and feels like glass.
when i first got the car i had autobrite to do a full valet on it, to remove light scratches and swirl marks, so paint work is alot better from when i picked it up.

What paint would peeps recommended for calliper painting? Would a spray on do the job on my fn2?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Most people tend to go for Hammerite i think. Spray would work as long as you mask off the areas etc and make sure you do a few coats on each caliper. I've only ever done my calipers red once and i used paint brush. Make sure you spend ages prepping though, getting rid of all the dirt and crud for best results.

Would be easier if you removed them from the car. I've only ever used spray paints to do my calipers but always been happy with how they turn out.

Make sure it's a paint that can withstand high temperatures.

Most people tend to go for Hammerite i think. Spray would work as long as you mask off the areas etc and make sure you do a few coats on each caliper. I've only ever done my calipers red once and i used paint brush. Make sure you spend ages prepping though, getting rid of all the dirt and crud for best results.
Cheers mate. Probably just use a paint. What would you use to cover the wheel whilst painting

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I would hope the wheel is off the car completely while painting!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Standard Hammerite is what Ive used in the past.
Wire brush loose rust, flaky paint and degrease the callipers with an APC or proper degreaser.

Let it dry, then do two coats of brush on paint. Job done.

Once fully hardened, i.e. after a few days, give them a wash/wipe over and protect them with a high temp wax. FK1000P is supposed to be really good.
I've done mine with Gtechniq C5 wheel armour

What would you use to cover the wheel whilst painting

I meant the brakes discs etc

The brown packing paper Amazon uses in their boxes these days is perfect, little bit thicker than newspaper and doesn't let paint bleed through when you're doing a couple of coats in quick succession. If you were going to spray you'd have to take them off to get a decent all over finish and mask off the piston/seals etc. properly. Hammerite is generally the best metal paint out there, but sometimes comes a little thick and I think benefits from a bit of prep with thinners to get a perfect smooth finish. I used halfrauds calliper paint and was pleasantly surprised.

Back