• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cleaning car tomorrow

Hi all,

Will be treating the car to a clean tomorrow, just had a re-furb gearbox fitted so might aswell spoil it
icon_biggrin.gif

Products I have are below and are in the order I think I should be using them
Megs NXT shampoo
Megs Quick Clay Detailing System
Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection
Negs NXT Tech Wax
Autoglym Clean Wheels

Am I right in the order I have posted?

Cheers

I have Sharkyuk working hard cleaning my car as I type this..

I'm on holiday so I'm just sitting down enjoying the sun and saying "You've missed a bit" lol

Mines still clean (havent driven it since).

Want to clean it again though so i can get out in the sun and give it another layer of wax.

GF wont let me though :(:lol: Thinking what else i can do as an excuse :lol:

Products I have are below and are in the order I think I should be using them
Megs NXT shampoo
Megs Quick Clay Detailing System
Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection
Negs NXT Tech Wax
Autoglym Clean Wheels

Am I right in the order I have posted?

Cheers

Skip the NXT wax....it'll just strip @ the EGP.
Nattys wax etc should be fine on top ;)

I would use the Megs NXT Wax after the Super Resin Polish, it acts as a good filler for swirls etc. Doesn't remove them completely put helps mask them.

When I got my FN2 I done the following.

Megs Gold Class Shampoo, Washed using 2 bucket method,
Dried with Shammy (but try going back to Megs Water Magnet to reduce swirls but its hard to use IMO)
Clay bar
Megs NXT Wax,
Poorboys EX Sealant
Poorboys Nattys Blue Wax (I think I applied it too thick as it was painful to remove)

I'm going to clean it again this weekend and add another layer or 2 of Nattys Blue

I would use the Megs NXT Wax after the Super Resin Polish, it acts as a good filler for swirls etc. Doesn't remove them completely put helps mask them.

Poorboys Nattys Blue Wax (I think I applied it too thick as it was painful to remove)

Personally I'd use NXT or SRP tbh Paul.
NXT will just strip SRP unless sealed & even then it'll start eating the sealant iirc.

Nattys should be very very easy to use.
Apply it as thick or thin as you like, but do a panel @ a time.
As soon as you've finished applying it to the panel, start taking it straight off ;) Do it that way & let me know what you think

Ill be giving mine the treatment tomorrow too.
Its what saturday mornings are for

:)

Nattys should be very very easy to use.
Apply it as thick or thin as you like, but do a panel @ a time.
As soon as you've finished applying it to the panel, start taking it straight off ;) Do it that way & let me know what you think

I covered the whole car first, so I'll try a panel at a time next time.

poor bloke... :(

lol.. He loved every min of it.. and then took loads and loads and loads of photos which I'm sure he'll post up at some stage.. :rolleyes:

I won't put up loads of pics... just the odd one or two...

Two thorough shampoos with the "two bucket" method, a very mild abrasive to 'cut' into the surface, a bit of polish and a sealant, a layer of wax and then another layer of Carnauba wax, alloys cleaned and waxed and the result...

...a rather smooth and gleaming NHB CTR... :D My arms ache...

Looks good :D

I did mine today, 5 hours later and 3 beers I had finished :lol:

Didn't take any pics, although I love satin silver, the fooker doesn't look much different clean or dirty :eek:

Didn't take any pics, although I love satin silver, the fooker doesn't look much different clean or dirty :eek:

Good work, mate... Salem and I were on the tea's rather than beers though... :lol: I'm sure that (Silver Satin or not) it looks the dogs danglies. :smt023

Looks great Andy.......I hope you enjoyed the reward ;)

Reward?! :lol: We're both too knackered for anything Lee and the bed is beckoning! LMAO! Mind you, don't believe all that Salem has been saying... she worked every bit as hard as I did to get her car clean and gleaming and only offered supervisory guidance when necessary... :p

I bet she looks stunning.. So get taking some pictures today as its going to be a sunny day. I also bet that satin silver will take some lovely pictures when the sun sets too..

Reward?! :lol: We're both too knackered for anything Lee and the bed is beckoning! LMAO! Mind you, don't believe all that Salem has been saying... she worked every bit as hard as I did to get her car clean and gleaming and only offered supervisory guidance when necessary... :p

Thats my street cred gone again!!... whats this reward?? just having the chance to clean my car is reward enough lol :p

Have to say Sharkyuk worked very hard bless him.. I almost didnt want to take the car out she's so lovely and shiny, but that soon passed as you can see from the above pictures lol

here are a couple taken on the drive

IMG_0316.jpg

Little Jet sneeking into the picture..

IMG_0303_copy.jpg

Well my cleaning didn't go quite to plan.

Took to long cleaning the wheels by which time some of the water had dried hard in little spots. This time I used a Megs Water Magnet instead of a shammy, and the dried bits I dried to remove with some detailer spray.

The Water Magnet I had only used once before, at JAE last year. As it had sat in a cupboard since I washed it in the washing machine. But I think it has grit in it as I seem to have added some swirls to the bonnet:evil:. So that's gone in the bin.

Thought I would continue with adding the Nattys Blue Wax, but it was one of those days. Kept dropping applicator pads and micro-fibre cloths:evil:
So they are in the wash, not decided if I will use them again.

The good news is using SpaceMonkeys advice the wax was easier to apply, a panel at a time.

Looks like I might get a PC Machine polisher to remove the swirls.

Hard look, but it does look good except for the light swirls, but its not the end of the world.

So they are in the wash, not decided if I will use them again.

The good news is using SpaceMonkeys advice the wax was easier to apply, a panel at a time.

Gutted for you Paul :(

Don't be too disheartened mate, those bits & pieces in the wash will be fine as long as you do an additional rinse, then just dry them at room temp.

I pleased the Nattys was easier that way for you. Sounds daft, but it's the only product I have found that works better in the warm/sun.

I think you'll mask most of the swirls with some SRP, EGP & some decent wax buddy, fear not ;)

thread ended with pic' of NSX.. 8) :lol:

Paul:

As daft as it may seem, I wash my wheels on a different day to the paintwork - sometimes on alternate weeks if I can plan it right as I find that cleaning them properly takes too long. When it is paintwork day then that is all I do and give the wheels a jet wash. Spacemonkey has the right plan to get the slight swirling out. If you do go for a porter cable machine then practice on another car first. :D

Wheels on a different day???? Thats like leaving the crust in a fresh sandwich.....

Not good :D ;)

Back