• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cleaning Products / Detailing Thread!

Didn't see any similar topics so figured I'd open one up.

What products do you use on your car?

I'll start off, I've got a rather mixed bag of items that I've tried and tested and always been happy with.

In wash order:

PreWash - ValetPro Snow Foam / AutoBrite Magifoam (Just ordered)
Shampoo - Meguiars Hyperwash
Clay Bar - Bilt Hamber Medium / Soft
Polish - Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Wax - Collinite 476s (Winter) / Dodo Juice Light Fantastic (Summer)
Detailing Spray - Meguiars Last Touch 1:1 Dilution

Wheel Cleaner - ValetPro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner
Tyres - Meguiars High Endurance Tyre Gel

Interior - Autobrite Altcantara and Suede Surface Cleaner (Very Good!)

Air Freshener (Most Important!) - California Car Scents Very Cherry

Personally I've found the ValetPro PH Neutral pretty average so have recently ordered the Magifoam as this has some great reviews. Other than that I would like to try a couple different waxes and maybe a new wheel cleaner as Bilberry is ok but I think it could be improved with something like Dragons Breath etc. I would say I'm extremely impressed with the lasting power of the Collinite wax and the Endurance Tyre Gel leaves a lovely finish!

I've spent wayyyy too much time detailing cars, sadly sold my machine polished but now back on the lookout for another given time. I've always though a thorough clean makes the car look better than any mod could ever do!

Let me know what your processes are and products used!

Last edited by a moderator:
Any advice on how to clean and dry the suede bolsters on premier edition recaros also What products should I use on them ?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Just cleaned my JDM Recaro's and they came out AWESOME!

Have a look for Autobrite Alcantara and Suede Cleaner. It's about £10-15. Then just a soft brush or something like Viking Upholstery brush works well. Spray generously onto the seat then rub in using the brush in circles and lines making sure to work it all in and give the seats a good scrub, follow with a wipe over with a clean microfibre and leave to dry. Worked wonders on mine! All the seatbelt marks etc removed and back to a lovely red!

I use Dodo Juice Lime Prime lite polish as it is non abrasive, so ideal for the soft paint on Honda's. No good for getting out scratches, but doesn't create any swirls.
I use Meg's Gold Class wax, though I don't find it especially long lasting (could be my shampoo), but it does go on & come off easily.
Meg's Endurance Tyre shine is great too, though it can end up halfway up your doors.
I must get a cream-style window cleaner. The Mer stuff I bought yonks ago is empty.
Tried AutoGlym tar remover with a trigger-spray today. Works a treat. (I read about it on here iirc)

Lime Prime is good and agree with you on the Endurance gel going up your doors!

Have just purchased a DAS-6 Pro so looking forward to getting back into machine polishing! Hopefully here sometime this week and I can crack on.

We have a free guide on how to make an epic tyre and trim paste at home, I will need to post it up soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just in the process of buying a load of bits for my fk2.
I have just opted for autobrite magifoam for my pre wash. I am also pretty certain on a wooly mammoth drying towel and either ez wheel brush set or daytona set. I have also opted for a dodo juice supernatural sponge to apply shampoo.

I think I'm going for dodo juice sour power for my wash and bilt hamber auto wash for my wheels. Gtechniq quick detailer and gtechniq t1 for tyres. I have gone for autoglym polish also.

Still undecided on wax and have heard good things about meguiars last touch for detailer so still considering that. Also not 100 percent sure I want gtechniq tyre gel.

Feedback on these options or improvements will be appreciated.

Just in the process of buying a load of bits for my fk2.
I have just opted for autobrite magifoam for my pre wash. I am also pretty certain on a wooly mammoth drying towel and either ez wheel brush set or daytona set. I have also opted for a dodo juice supernatural sponge for my wash.

I think I'm opting for dodo juice sour power for my wash and bilt hamber auto wash for my wheels. Gtechniq quick detailer and gtechniq t1 for tyres. I have gone for autoglym polish also.

Still undecided on wax and have heard good things about meguiars last touch for detailer so still considering that. Also not 100 percent sure I want gtechniq tyre gel.

Feedback on these options or improvements will be appreciated.

What colour is the your car?

Championship white =)

This may be right up your street!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/111790906315

a2b6ef28cdeb49cb8f700843ddd42376.jpg

ca086aadd1fed25a33e5f366cffddf80.jpg

7b9c34622807e79074756888294a965d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good there mate. How long have you been using the product for?
And what have you used previously?

I use the DARK version most of the time however they're essentially the same product with a different pigmentation, because they have scratch fillers it's essential to choose the right one.
In terms of durability your looking at 3-4 months and unlike many you can use this wax in direct sunlight with it being extremely easy to use.
This wax is also designed to "sheet" more than bead meaning less water/dust and dirt stays on the vehicle.

Interesting to read everyone's comments on waxing a white car. I am reading an aweful lot about sealants being used instead and I'm really not sure how often I should be doing it and whether to go wax, sealant or both.

Interesting to read everyone's comments on waxing a white car. I am reading an aweful lot about sealants being used instead and I'm really not sure how often I should be doing it and whether to go wax, sealant or both.

From experience the best possible results on white and any car to be honest are when you apply a sealant like fusso coat and a wax on top, that leaves you with a crazy wet look gloss for months.

Some good choices of product.

I would try meguiars hyper wash for shampoo as you can buy it in 5L quantities cheaply and use very little at a time. It's a super product with great suds.

As for tyre gel I have been using the meguiars super endurance gel as it gives a lovely wet look but it depends what you prefer. It does however splash a little to begin with.

Heading into winter I would advise a good long lasting hard wax to protect the paint. I have always used Collinite 476s as it is reasonably priced and a very good product.

Hope this helps!

I will have to have a look into Meguiars Hyper Wash. Is this a wax friendly shampoo? It's the one thing I have not actually ordered so far.
I have compiled the following list of products to work with, as usual feedback would be appreciated.

Equipment:
Halfords HP2800 Pressure Washer with Snow Lance Adapter (Boss was kind enough to give me this for free)
Dodo Juice Supernatural Sponge
EZ Detail Brush Set - 1x Full Size and 1x Mini
Chemical Guys Wooly Mammoth Drying Towel
Dodo Juice Car Wash & Rinse Buckets with Grit Guards and Lids

Products:
Pre-Wash - Autobrite Magifoam
Wheels - Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel for Cleaning & GTechniq T1 Tyre & Trim to shine and protect the alloys & tyres
Polish - Autoglym High Resin Polish
Shampoo - Currently Zymol but looking at a new alternative as not really getting the suds from this
Quick Detailer - GTechniq Quick Detailer
Sealant - Gtechniq C2v3 Sealant which is highly rated for long lasting and ease of use (nearly went for Optimum Opti-seal as its rated very highly alongside Collinite 845)
Wax - Collinite #845 due to reviews of how well it works with a sealant on white cars after hours of searching
Interior - Autoglym Interior Shampoo

All to be delivered this week and I am looking forward to Saturday!!! Weather Permitting. I'll post results of what it looks like when done.

Could not settle my mind on the sealant as there is so many options including Zaino Z2 & Z8, Optimum Opti-Seal and Werkstatt which are highly rated by people but we will see how this goes going forward. Generally happy with all the other choices, only time will tell if they are right or not but it has set my back a fair old stack of cash.

I had my car detailed by a local guy with a Snow Foam, Ionx to the wheels followed by GTechniq T1, A full wash, GTechniq Quick Detailer, GTechniq C2 Sealant and a Wax to Finish and Chrome Polish to Exhausts and below are some picture of the results. I was pretty happy with it to be honest. Just want to try and achieve a bit more shine in my white colour hence all the research.

dcPoNw3.jpg

smu8Pqm.jpg

o8JeCxW.jpg

eklqSy3.jpg

1pxq4hH.jpg

eU6vQSQ.jpg

Didn't see any similar topics so figured I'd open one up.

What products do you use on your car?

I'll start off, I've got a rather mixed bag of items that I've tried and tested and always been happy with.

In wash order:

PreWash - ValetPro Snow Foam / AutoBrite Magifoam (Just ordered)
Shampoo - Meguiars Hyperwash
Clay Bar - Bilt Hamber Medium / Soft
Polish - Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Wax - Collinite 476s (Winter) / Dodo Juice Light Fantastic (Summer)
Detailing Spray - Meguiars Last Touch 1:1 Dilution

Wheel Cleaner - ValetPro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner
Tyres - Meguiars High Endurance Tyre Gel

Interior - Autobrite Altcantara and Suede Surface Cleaner (Very Good!)

Air Freshener (Most Important!) - California Car Scents Very Cherry

Personally I've found the ValetPro PH Neutral pretty average so have recently ordered the Magifoam as this has some great reviews. Other than that I would like to try a couple different waxes and maybe a new wheel cleaner as Bilberry is ok but I think it could be improved with something like Dragons Breath etc. I would say I'm extremely impressed with the lasting power of the Collinite wax and the Endurance Tyre Gel leaves a lovely finish!

I've spent wayyyy too much time detailing cars, sadly sold my machine polished but now back on the lookout for another given time. I've always though a thorough clean makes the car look better than any mod could ever do!

Let me know what your processes are and products used!

As an old bugger with a nice new Type R I am loather to take it to the lads at the hand car wash and have been DIY'ing using a good shampoo and then towel dry and some Mer polish. I have always used.......time to get a detailing kit!

I wonder if you could explain the process you use when using all the products you have listed above....would help a newbie to detailing....

Thanks

Back