• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cleaning Products / Detailing Thread!

As an old bugger with a nice new Type R I am loather to take it to the lads at the hand car wash and have been DIY'ing using a good shampoo and then towel dry and some Mer polish. I have always used.......time to get a detailing kit!

I wonder if you could explain the process you use when using all the products you have listed above....would help a newbie to detailing....

Thanks

The safest way to keep your car looking good is this:

High pressure rinse, snow foam pre wash followed by another high pressure rinse, 2 bucket wash method, 1 wash 1 rinse with grit guards if possible, always use a wash mitt made from good quality lambs wool (wowo are great) avoid washing in circles, rinse again followed by a pat dry with a drying towel, assuming the car is new like you said you won't need to use a clay bar or anything like that, next crack out the sealant, many use poor boys but fusso soft 99 is my go to, once applied and removed go for a nice natural wax to give a deep gloss and clarity. If you need any recommendations I'm happy to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a lot of work :|
If I had the time and didn't have to go down a dirt track for parking behind my house (made from compressed mud and odd bits of gravel :mad:)

Anybody bought the meguiars paint restoration kit?? It comes with shampoo, quick detailer, clay, polish, wax , 2 towels and 2 pads its on offer for 25 pounds. Anybody used it will it give good results on a cosmic? cheers haz.

Back