• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

cleaning question?

yesterday i spent 5 hours cleaning the outside of my ctr.

i clayed it, polished it with AG srp and sealed with AG egp.

my question is will a quick wipe down with detailer do before i start with waxing today or am i better off cleaning it again with shampoo and a mitt?

Has it been sitting outside overnight or in a garage.

With the amount of dust we have at the moment, I would recommend giving it a quick wash down.
Near me the amount of dust is crazy, so I would wash 1 panel at a time, then wax. Before moving on to the next panel.

I wouldn't bother waxing it. As said, there's so much dust about at the moment you're wasting your time and effort imo. If you've sealed it that should be enough until the next wash. But next time make sure to wax it as well.

I wouldn't bother waxing it. As said, there's so much dust about at the moment you're wasting your time and effort imo. If you've sealed it that should be enough until the next wash. But next time make sure to wax it as well.

I disagree. Wash &dry it again then wax it mate.
The wax will help protect the paint over the top of the sealant & should with the glossiness of the finish.

I disagree. Wash &dry it again then wax it mate.
The wax will help protect the paint over the top of the sealant & should with the glossiness of the finish.

Agree with spacemonkey, I wax my car every time I wash it. It's never wasted to wax a car in my opinion...
The 100£ you waste on waxing a car in your car's lifetime, are equal to 200£ profit, selling it with high gloss paint, even if 10y old.

I live near the coast (salt, sand, dust, wind, rain...) so waxing is a 'must-do' around here, don't forget to wax the chassis (bottom of the car) to prevent rust!

cheers for the replies.

ended up washing it as it was quite dusty then put a couple of layers of AG hd wax on. first time i have used the stuff after buying it about a year ago and i am as happy as larry with the results:D

Agree with spacemonkey, I wax my car every time I wash it. It's never wasted to wax a car in my opinion...
The 100£ you waste on waxing a car in your car's lifetime, are equal to 200£ profit, selling it with high gloss paint, even if 10y old.

I live near the coast (salt, sand, dust, wind, rain...) so waxing is a 'must-do' around here, don't forget to wax the chassis (bottom of the car) to prevent rust!

I think you've misunderstood me mate.

I know waxing is important, I wax everytime I wash my car. But if I've washed and sealed it, then forgot to wax, chances are there would have been a build up of dirt, dust, pollen or even bird sh1t or tree sap etc which means waxing now would be pointless. Unless you are willing to start over, i.e. wash-seal-wax, I suggested to wait until next time he washes it before putting the wax on.

I mean, how much difference will it actually make by not applying wax on a washed, polished and sealed car? Bugger all... and if he's like me and washes his car frequently then not waxing it one time won't hurt.

Waxing the car every week is pretty pointless IMO, unless you have a cheap wax.

The perfect point on most waxes/sealants, is 3 layers(depending on the wax, and the time between coats).

I tend to set a side a day every quarter, to top up the wax.

Back