• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Clutch Biting Point Very Low!

I'm still adamant that it has had a good innings on that 55k clutch considering it's an ex demo car.

You mention your friend with a Subaru blah blah, I was reading on another forum earlier about how a guy bought one last week and he drove to work in it and the bottom end went. I dare say you'll get more problems with a Subaru than you will with a Honda.

If you're not happy with the Honda then sell it on.

Lol, x demo has nothing to do with the clutch problem, and as you say 55k is good, which its not, your contradicting yourself. And then you go on about how a subaru engine has broken! What! Nothing to do with my point. And I must now sell my car? Lol

Exactly my point, I got half that.. Or is it something to do with the 4 racing drivers that took my car out!

Lol, x demo has nothing to do with the clutch problem, and as you say 55k is good, which its not, your contradicting yourself. And then you go on about how a subaru engine has broken! What! Nothing to do with my point. And I must now sell my car? Lol

I don't know how much clearer I can make this for you as clearly it isn't sinking in.

I have owned these cars since 2003, I've had 8 of them, and I've had clutches changed on them in the past.

Whether you choose to believe me or not I don't care, but I am telling you (and for the last time) that 55k on these engines is a reasonably good innings for a clutch in an EP3. It is a Type R not a motorway cruiser, what kind of mileage do you expect to get from a high revving hot hatch car? I would love to know. Especially an ex demo, yes as much as you'd not like to believe it demo cars get thrashed to within an inch of their life.

People will get 20k miles, some will get 80k miles.

You were the one mentioning the Subaru so I just referenced it. The CTR costs peanuts to run in the grand scheme of things.

Oh and it's *you're.

You aren't impressed with Honda's so sell and buy the French equivalent, you'll then see what real problems are... :)

Enjoy your ownership.

Exactly my point, I got half that.. Or is it something to do with the 4 racing drivers that took my car out!

Your point is that Honda make crap parts as your clutch was gone after 55k miles. I did over 100k miles. In my Honda.

It's clearly been driven hard/had a lot of town driving/had someone driving it who leaves their foot on the pedal when not in use.

On the topic of Subarus, a work mate has a 2002 WRX, bog standard.

He got it after I got my FN2 and so far he's needed a major service including cam belt (every 40k), two buckled alloys from 'potholes', a bent driveshaft, leaking fuel lines, leaking down pipe and he's been putting off a clutch change for about 10k because he's been quoted silly money to get it replaced. It's slipping on part throttle in 5th now. He's on 60k.

He drives it like a granny to boot.

You lot crack me up... its like you know everything about my car, which you don't.
You may have had a ep3 since blah blah blah, but, I have worked in engineering for 24 years, worked on cars an bikes for longer and my best bet by the sound of some of the comments on here, know a lot more about how a clutch works and what causes them to fail.

Thanks for your very friendly replies, help etc bye....

tjCTn.gif

You lot crack me up... its like you know everything about my car, which you don't.
You may have had a ep3 since blah blah blah, but, I have worked in engineering for 24 years, worked on cars an bikes for longer and my best bet by the sound of some of the comments on here, know a lot more about how a clutch works and what causes them to fail.

If you're such an expert, why does this thread exist in the first place?

If YOU managed 55k on the clutch it's probably YOUR fault for driving like a granny...

I would be happy with that mileage. Ours on the DC5 made it to 60ish, the GTR well that's a whole fvcking nightmare.

I have worked in engineering for 24 years, worked on cars an bikes for longer and my best bet by the sound of some of the comments on here, know a lot more about how a clutch works and what causes them to fail.

If it's the bearing that has gone I can understand why the biting point would be low but I'm unclear while if the springs have relaxed how that can change the position of the pedel. Weak springs = slipping clutch.:confused:
£400 this time of year....O dear...lol. Cheers I will post what they say tomorrow.

See, here's the thing captain chaos....

It seems you actually know the square root of fvck all when it comes to clutches.

A failed release bearing will NOT cause bite point to be low.
Low bite point is failed pressure plate springs or worn friction plate. Nothing to do with bearings.

You also mention spring pressure on the pedal, where do you think that spring pressure comes from....

That's right, the pressure plate springs. No spring on the pedal...So if they are weak, and not fully returning, the pedal won't fully return either.

Clutches are an unknown entity when it comes to lifing. Just like the previous usage before you bought it.

Either way. As dotty has said, and so will I, average mileage is around 60kmiles for a clutch on these.

As are a lot of cars really. Not just Honda. Differing usage yields differing results. I see enough to know. Lambos usually need a clutch before 10k generally. More of your Flawed logic.

24 yrs of engineering does not an expert make.

Now pick your dummy up and don't embarrass yourself any more. Xxx

Back