• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Clutch issues

Danger200

Hi people

Earlier today I noticed my clutch felt like it was creaking and when I opened my window and pushed it down it actually sounded like a creaking door.
I tried having it at low revs then building progressively, I tried spirited driving and it feels fine no slipping or anything like that and goes into gear fine but I'm a bit worried as I heard this similar noise on my last car and a week later my gearbox died.

Is this common, or has anyone had this problem?

Cheers

Master cylinder! My favorite!

You're joking.....bugger. I'm a bit handy with a spanner and I have two motor tech's as good mates, is it something we could do on my drive?
I only ask because I'm used to working on Fords and this is my first bit of jap exotica

Pass, no idea.

I got it sorted through warranty. Its was only a 25 minute job...but then they have all these obscure tools to deal with it!

Ahh, mines a bit old for warrantee work, and the stealership want £80 for the hour to look at it.
If it didn't take them long I'm sure we could have a go at it as they can get hold of the weird tools needed.

Cheers man

Back