• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Clutch noise!

hi i have an EP3 civic type r and this morning i noticed a squeeking coming from the clutch when it is depressed.
i looked under the bonnet and noticed that the clutch pulling arm was the culprit!!:evil:
i managed to pull the rubber gaitor back and get some WD40 in and around it and for the time being it seems to have sorted this problem!!:rolleyes: however...... i dont want to have to do this everytime it starts squeeking!

has anyone suffered from this problem before? ive heard it could be the thrust bearing????:confused:

ive also noticed that when i am taking up the clutch to pull away there is a low grumble/grinding noise? any ideas???

Funny noise when lifting the clutch up is most probably the master cyclinder.
When pushing the clutch down you get a bit of a creaky clunk.

Had mine changed on warranty. So I dont know how much they cost, but it took about 30 mins to change.

its really awkward to get into the pivot arm to get grease on it but ill try! thanks for the advice, ill get it booked in for a check, its got 11 months left on the warranty anyway.
cheers

I have the same issue with mine!! Its not constant but a high pitch squeel when depressing and releasing clutch pedal! Where is the pivot arm located so i can try and grease that, is it in the transmission tunnel or underneath the master cylinder?

Thanks!

Funny enough I posted a couple days ago that my clutch creaks when I depress the peddle. Although on pull away and normal driving theres no issues with it, just sounds funny. If it's under warrantee go get it sorted mate

pearson.... if you look where the throttle housing is on the engine, its where the air intake fits, and get someone to depress your clutch you will see the clutch arm move.
danga200.... cheers mate, its going in next week to get checked properly. thanks

Back