• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cockpit shine/polish

Guys,

I have been using the Auto Glym show shine in my car for the last few months and i have to say it is not great. i dont want a shine that blinds me soon as a get into the car but a nice polished look would be good what do you suggest? :confused:

I wouldn't spend a lot of money on interior products to be honest.

I use Duragloss Non-silicone dressing, but I do a lot of cars, with various textures.

Have you tried the Wipes that you can get? You would want the matt finish, not glossy/shiny

I use either Megs QD spray on a MF or AutoGlym's Vinyl & Rubber care stuff on a MF.
Both work well.

I use the Armor All matt wipes on my interior and they work pretty well.

Lovely citrus smell too. :)

35025EN.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Also use those exact wipes, leaves a nice finish and can be kept in the car so just give it a once over every few weeks. :D

There is a piece on the DC5 by the steering wheel that isn't smooth. When i wipe it with any cloth it leaves bits behind. When i use a baby wipe it leaves dirt in the ridges.

What do you DC5 lot use? (Not sure if its the same on other type R's?)

35025EN.jpg

Hello fella stupid question, where is the best place to but these?? Had a look on halfrauds website but cant see them! Cheers

No worries, I've got them from Halfords and Motorserv stores. They're pretty common I think.

Use some Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner to clean the shiny stuff off it before you apply anything else.

Or Tesco's Daisy APC if you want cheap and cheerful.

Then AG Vinyl and Rubber care applied with a microfibre cloth as Lee [spacemonkey] says. Leaves a nice finish. :)

For a non shiny, straight out the showroom, satin finish, I use 303 Aerospace. This is anti-static and UV resistant. Not dirt cheap, but in all honesty you arent going to be using this product every week. It is good and the finish lasts.

HTH.

35025EN.jpg

Finally got round to getting some of these today, as it was 3 for 2 in halfords got myself plenty to keep going for a while.
Now i thought the inside of my car was pretty clean (due to regular cleaning) but after using these little fellas i was proven wrong!!
I am ashamed to say the wipes were black after i finished :?
Really pleased with how well they cleaned the dash and left a very nice refreshing smell!!:smt023

They are amazing. :)
A lot better than anything else I have ever used. And they are great value.

I was bored @ lunchtime so popped to Halfords to grab some of the Armorall wipes.
I was very impressed with the finish, just right for my tastes.
When you first use a wipe there looks like soap everywhere, but just moves across the dash no worries & vanishes.

I got 2 lots of the dash wipes & 1 of the glass wipes & have to say I'm impressed with both, so cheers for the heads up Hatton ;)

Back