• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Colour Coding Facelift EP3 Front Grill

Hi guys,

I can't seem to find any examples of black facelift EP3s with colour coded front grills. I'm thinking it would look pretty tidy, but not really sure.

I don't like the Mugen ones on facelift really and as the rest of the car is standard at the moment I think it would look a bit funny.

Thanks in advance for any idea or examples.
Alex

That's because people don't spray the grilles, I've never seen one done anyway. It's more common with Fiesta/Focus ST owners painting the grilles.
You're better off just using loads of back to black so it has that glossy looking paint effect.

Ok thanks, was just wondering as the whole grill is grey, even the surround in them :/ don't mind the mesh of it being grey but think it looks a little unfinished being a complete different colour.

Alex

Ahhh you have the facelift. I know what you mean now.

I still haven't seen any painted :lol: I'm not sure if there are any other types of replacement than the Mugen look. Unless you use a sharpie on it lol.

there was a thread a little while ago where someone was attempting something like this.

Mine is colour coded in NHB it looks much better IMO.

That looks great Mittanio ! Exactly how I want it :D

Any chance you have a more front on photo ?

Thanks !
Alex

I'vebeen thinking about doing this too, I just don't like how the grey colour doesn't match anything else on the car. Mittanio any chance of more pics of your grill? Did you just use rattle cans?

It's a little tricky at the moment as i'm working nights so i don't really see daylight! :lol: I just had a go at taking a couple pics on my iPhone while at work but they're not very clear, if i get a chance to take some decent ones i will put them up.

Also my grill is in need of being done again really, i did it over a year ago and done a lot of miles so its got a few chips! I think this may partly be down to the conditions that i did the spraying in, a garden shed in damp weather is not really ideal! :lol:

Yeah it was a rattle can job!

Ah cool, thanks man. Aye, I was wondering about the durability of the paint, it doesn't look like a good surface or material for adhesion. I'd probably end up painting it in similar conditions too, though my "paint booth" is a £20 tent from tesco :rolleyes:. I think I'll look for a car being broken and try to get a cheap grill, then I've always got my original as a fall back.

Having mine done for £30 by a body shop on Monday so will post before and after photos second half of next week ! :)

I like the look of the black with red outline very gti but looks well matched IMO I wonder how it would look on a white ep3

Mines just arrived back from the body shop. Loving it!

Here's some photos -

ymazajej.jpg

y6abybyp.jpg

upybuqur.jpg

looks great in person, the stock one looks terrible IMO, everything is colour coded on the EP3, no bump strips etc. and then they go and put a grey grill on? lol Didn't make sense to me.

With the stock one I think it looks like it's an ebay grill or something and hasn't been painted/finished lol

Back