• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Condensation!!!!

I had terrible condensation on the outside face of the windows recently. Unbelievably bad. Can't understand how.

well i'd like to say i have tried this silica pack business out.....and well lets just say for now it has worked....no more condensation on the rear set of windows or the front. i put two packs in the boot....one pack underneath the folding seat lever....and a pack in each door armrest hole. may be abit too many but there the tiny ones you get with your trainers :D there the only ones i could find around the house ha.

The air-con clears the screen quickly, but then you have to keep using it to keep it clear.

I find its best to wait a bit longer and leave the air-con off. It takes longer to initially clear the screen, but it keeps clearer longer.

Also the side windows move away from the seals when operated. This stops damage when the seals stick to the window during a frost.

+1 this is exactly what i do. Leave the AC off and just have the heater on, fresh air in.
Just pump the AC on once a week.

I've not had the condensation problem since winter 2009. So i would definately Not say the CTR was bad for it.

Back