• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Condenser FAIL!....possibly

Danger200

Good evening all.

I had my A/C topped up a couple weeks back as it was empty, once done it was pretty cool but I wasn't convinced it was cold enough. Unfortunately cold weather set in the day after for a few days, I was paranoid the A/C wasnt working. Eventually the warm weather set in and A/C light on, hands in front ready to cool down and......nothing!
I spoke to the garage and they said the machine didn't pick up any leaks but completely emptied itself (apparently this has never happened with them). I now have a suspicion that the split in the condensor, that was there when I bought it, is now the reason.

I was under the impression they were like £300, but I found this site http://www.autoairconparts.co.uk/Ca...-Automatic-Aug-01-to-Jan-06-Part-16-0002.html
Has anyone used these before and how is this so much cheaper than the others?

EDIT: I know I have spelt the title wrong.

AFAIK they just filled it up. They do alot of work for the company I work for, and squeezed me in last minute dot com. Their machine that fills it up didn't find any leaks so I dont think they bothered to even look.

They also asked if I wanted this hole plugger stuff pumped through the system but three of my mechanic mates all said don't do it. Still haven't paid them for the AC refill actually.

it's very rare i ever put a stop leak into a system and even then it's for good reason.

that condensor is about the going price for a cheap pattern part, some work fine and some are an absolute PITA to fit

I heard there are tiny holes in the system as is, so dont fancy plugging them up. Oh really, this seems too cheap though as I mainly see them on flebay for like £130 averaging.

Oh and thank you to whatever mod adjusted the title for me, very grateful.

i'm going by trade prices, one of our suppliers is always far cheaper than anyone else with a similar price to what you have found.
our other suppliers are roughly the ebay price you noticed but these are usually better brands like valeo ect.

there are no holes in the system but you do get natural losses through the rubber seals ect and even then there are laws (i won't bore you with them for now :p) dictating the maximum % loss allowed

Back