• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Congratulations CPL Racing Fastest FWD Civic (pics) added

Peter Pan

I aint posting no more!
11.6 Seconds @ 126 MPH

Was done today in the second round of the Jap Racer Series, many congrats to Guy I know he has been working very hard over the last couple of weeks with some late nights to get this car ready after a clutch problem at Rotorstock but with 505 BHP we all knew it could do the time. Also congrats to Lynn for putting up with Guy messing with his car all week late into the night getting it ready.

I ran another 13.2 Second Run wich I think was 4th Place on the actual day, as there was a EG Unknow Civic drag car with a big turbo running 12.2 Seconds (taking it easy I do add) looks like somone has finally built another fast FWD car which can only be good for the sport (and is prepared to run it)
3rd was a FTO running a twin turbo 2.5L engine out of the landcruser thing, he busted a drive shaft in the first round after one run but was back with a run of 12.9 Seconds. I was 4th with a 13.2 Second run, and Paul Jones (from TDI North) was 5th with 13.3 seconds and I think TP was 6th ? but not sure, on times etc etc.

Also went heads up with Paul Jones and beat him buy a a few feet :) so was happy, but thats one fast car for a NA setup to be honest that has had a lot of work done to it, but just dont seem to be as fast as last year ? TP was having various problems with grip NOS etc etc.

Im still running Federal street tyres as well, when everyone seems to be running slicks (or cheater slicks) so im still ahappy bunny as I know there some more speed to come from the car.

Now then question is Guy, when we going to see a 10 Seconds EP3 Civic :) as beleive it or not, we think its deffinately possible as more boost to come :)

P.S Many thanks to Lynn and Sam for washing my car as its the first time in a couple of months its actually been clean :)

Mine or Guys

I have 230 WBHP on the CPL Dyno and 245 WBHP on TDI North Dyno (added this was before the resent software upgrade)

Guy has 505 WBHP on his dyno at CPL Racing

Well done Guy.
Was good to see it actually happen. Was only a matter of time. 8)
10's have to be the target now I suppose. :twisted:

Was all a bit of a disaster for me.

Paul managed to loose his wheel spacers so I donated mine so he could run the slicks. He did pretty well considering the very very hot conditions. He managed a 13.3@107 with the ITB's and Toda 2.2 stroker.

My NOS wouldnt work......until I was on the way home. :roll: ....and I only managed a 14.1 and this was running NA on T1R's.

Anyway......all cars back in one piece which is the main thing.
Good luck to Guy at Japshow and Paul if he can make it.

My priority now is Time attack to uphold the Type-R Civic honour starting at Silverstone next weekend. 8) Come and say hello if your there. 8)

Well done again Guy. :twisted:

Scan1.jpg

Guys tickets

IMG_4868.jpg

Me on the start Line getting ready :)

IMG_4891.jpg

The heads up battle starts :) Thats how it should have been at Rotorstock other than the weather knackered it :(

Well done Guy, VERY good time that and considering how bloody hot it was you did very well - Hats off to ya. Look forward to seeing ya at Brands next month for a little track day action ( your car CAN go round corners you know !! - hehe ! ) :lol:

Congrats chaps 8)

I did think something was going on when i passed Paul and TP just outside Stratford, shame i could'nt make it !

I am just glad to see our 'breadvans' really going for it and getting some great times. :D Well done all. 8)

That is certainly going to make some high 10 sec cars sit up and take notice when up against one :D

Back