• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Considering switching from S/C to turbo

Not sure about the 2400cc route, looking at other options what sort of price would I get for my supercharger.

Forgot to add what sort of power would I get running at 9ish psi, or what would the max psi be on std internals

Forgot to add what sort of power would I get running at 9ish psi, or what would the max psi be on std internals

Are u talking about a Turbo here ? If so you looking around 8psi ish on standard internals

You can get 450BHP though with not to much work that has been proven to be reliable.

speak to you know who I wont mention there names as ill get told off again, but its where I have my car tuned :wink:

If you go to there web site under Turbo Kits there is some information including some graphs with them running with CAT`s in place etc etc

Tarticus said:

Are u talking about a Turbo here ? If so you looking around 8psi ish on standard internals

You can get 450BHP though with not to much work that has been proven to be reliable.

speak to you know who I wont mention there names as ill get told off again, but its where I have my car tuned :wink:

If you go to there web site under Turbo Kits there is some information including some graphs with them running with CAT`s in place etc etc

Cheers mate will look at you know who's website

Paul.....I've got a T78 spare you can have if you want to try it. Will be a bit laggy under 3000 then rip the engine out the chassis in true cartoon stylee. :lol:

Hmm perhaps you need to start thinking of a car with more oomph then. As in all honesty, even with a bit of extra power, round a track I cannot imagine turboing your car making a big difference. Infact I would bet all round drivability would be affected. Unless of course you are planning on going the girly straight line route ;) (JK Pete btw).

What about considering going for something RWD to spice things up a bit.

Also is it just a quest for more power? Or have you gone as far down the chassis tweeking (and driver dare I say it) tweeking route????

Just wondering what your long term plan is. Aint I nosey :D

Not sure as to the long term plan, the car could certainly handle more power through the front wheels from third gear onwards, I was looking for about 50wbhp, but it might make financial sense to sell the supercharger and replace with a turbo, the car is now a drive to track and drive home car, does not get used on the road very much, as to the rest of the car, apart from the roll cage which should be coming in the winter not sure what else to do. I thought about rear wheel drive but I would have to learn how to drive a rear wheel drive car on the track, and I find front wheel drive hard enough. At the moment looking at options before deciding.

Paul have you considered changing to a Rotrex S/C instead???

It would certainly allow to gain more power and you could run with an I/C also :wink:

It's just a thought, as I know they are capable of producing a lot more power than the JRSC unit your currently running.

CTR said:
Paul have you considered changing to a Rotrex S/C instead???

It would certainly allow to gain more power and you could run with an I/C also :wink:

It's just a thought, as I know they are capable of producing a lot more power than the JRSC unit your currently running.

Id agree with that. Fro what ive seen the rotex seems to make a bit more power 8)

But it does not seem to produce the torque, this has been an ongoing point of discussion on ctro. Mine produces 261wbhp and 214ft, where the rotrex seem to produce inexcess of 320wbhp but only 230ft, if I remember, and you need to run it at 14psi

Friendy said:
But it does not seem to produce the torque, this has been an ongoing point of discussion on ctro. Mine produces 261wbhp and 214ft, where the rotrex seem to produce inexcess of 320wbhp but only 230ft, if I remember, and you need to run it at 14psi

Fair point Paul. Are there different grinds of IPS cams available that would help to produce more torque???

Also bear in mind that the Jackson Intercooler is actually months away only It really will be here soon.

With this inplace it will allow obviously to run a bit more PSI and will definitely gain you a bit of BHP

As for the Turbo and being on track, if you fit a massive Turbo more aimed at Drag Racing as G said, then yer you will get lag but the kits I am talking about use a specially developed hybrid turbo that was developed for the application on the Civic.

After driving the Turbo car around Bruntingthorpe I can say that there was not any noticeable signs of lag at all as this is reduced with a Hybrid Turbo

Also have you thaught about throttle bodies ? with a 2.4L Engine

I Thought about this to, But On track as you know Its nowt about how much power you have, but how it's put down and made, big bhp with a turbo, In my opinion would'nt be as driveable or ultimately as quick as what you have, I see the point for more once in Forth gear, Thats only going to gain tenths, and only at the fastest tracks too.

There is Plenty more you could do Paul. BTCC kit allowing 19" Slicks, Sequential qearbox or dog box, Sachs Suspension :wink: (£6000)
Massive Track biased set up, IE loads of neg camber etc.
Flat Underbody, Kwick rack.

I think you really need to Sum up what you want to do with your car now.

You have gone so far now, you might as well finish it and turn it into full (road legal) blown race car, with no limitations for entering a specific event the opions are limitless. Cool. Touring car spec with a JRSC 8)

Im readying mine for time attack next year, Stripped and caging.
FCUK IT why not.

Back