• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Contaminated fuel!!!

Sounds worrying, anyone had an O2 sensor fail recently ??
That's what they are linking it to ??

Just put the standard ECU back in the S2000 as the AEM has no OBD :(

Petrol firms say fuel not faulty

So where is the problem then ? Many motorists have been affected - anyone here have a first hand story ?

funnily enough our accountant is in the office and i remember last week his car broke down. I happened to mention the petrol thing to some other guys in the office when he said that it happened to him. Filled up at Morrissons. He took it to a garage and they replaced the 02 sensor, £230 including labour apparently. Anyway, they advised him to fill up at Shell, and that's where i'll be filling up. Tesco and Morrisson are on the Beeb as saying they have found nothing wrong with their fuel (yeah right) - this guy only fills up at morrissons. So there you have it, I hope my fuel is ok.

Colleague used to work in a petrol station and he said it's quite common for the supermarkets to have crap fuel.

I just found this out yesterday. :shock:

I filled up at Tesco in Colchester on Sunday. 36 litres. So hopefully it's not the contaminated fuel, or if it was, the 14 litres left in the tank would have mixed it up a bit.

Though I've driven 200 miles on it and it's been fine. :) Looks like I still have 1/3rd of 40 litres left. I might be getting higher MPG. :shock:

Might go to Shell and top it up with V-Power just to dilute it some more.

thankfully for me the run around is a diesel and I fill the CTR with Shell..

must be very worrying for some pple

Not good. Not put any fuel in mine apart from yesterday for ages. Used BP Ultimate then.

I've been telling you all for ages to exclusively use V-Power or Ultimate for the sake of the extra £1 difference you'd save, but does anyone listen.....Nope :p

hmm... looks like the Tesco in Colchester was affected too. :( What can I do to minimize my risk?

Back