• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cost of a new radiator?

NYA

Cost of a new radiator? ***Update***

As above, anybody got any ideas, my radiator has given up the ghost today. Good job we were within 2 minutes of home, the girlfriends dad came and sorted us out with a lift to get some Radweld, and plenty of water. Going to get it pressure tested on monday, and get the garage to have a look over the whole cooling system, and check the compression on the head, to make sure no gasket damage occured.
Typical, spend money on it to get it going nice, and looking good, and it ***** the bed on a bloody radiator.:roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on a 2003 model year Type R, a replacement radiator will cost ............ looks like Honda are doing a price update at present so will you settle for "expensive", plus antifreeze and VAT.

Are you sure it's not a hose?

I paid I think £340 (Honda) last september for a new one. fitted. Then It got holed after christmas when part of my engine exited the block and went through the rad. this time I got it re-cored instead. I think that worked out at around half the cost of a new rad. Worth looking into.

Okay, mite have to have a look into getting a Re-Con version as i think i mite come up a bit short on those prices. Thought Honda's were supposed to be cheep to run:D

Pretty sure it's not a hose, because when we put the RadWeld solution through, it sealed it real well, but have got a friend looking over it this week, so with a bit of luck it may not be too expensive[-o< . Cheers for all the info anyway.:D

I got mine via TDi North when it went (it decided to give up as I literally drove into the car park), that was Jan 2006 IIRC, and the price back then was IRO £100 inc VAT, they nearly doubled in price within 3 weeks of that happening! I got very very lucky.

Well, got it all sorted. Cost me £242, all in, VAT, fitting, coolant etc.. Got it from a local company called Barnstaple Radiators, so big thanks to those guys for sorting it out so quick, only had it away from home for 1 night.:) Took it for a quick blast on the way home, god i missed it. After driving my work's van for the last week, it feel's like a bloody rocket:twisted: :twisted:

Back